Sometimes, nothing happens

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
electross

Post by electross »

sla011308,
Met you in a gun shop and we chatted about your problem, I believe I did something similar when the trigger bar came out of mine as well. Its not the trigger spring but it is not installed correctly at the disconnector arm. I remembered doing this myself when I first changed the springs. It should be an easy fix. I thought you told me that a bunch of your friends have P64's as well. Sounds like a field trip to compare how theirs is put together compared to yours. If that doesn't work for you, PM me and we can meet at Shooters Supply and maybe we can compare yours with mine.

Dale
Last edited by electross on May 12th, 2009, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
penguinsscareme

Post by penguinsscareme »

I had a similar problem. Trigger goes back, gun no go bang.
I took it apart, and here is what I found.
When the hammer bar passes the disconnector, the disconnector is supposed to ride up freely to allow the hammer bar to engage the sear. What was happening was that the disconnector would occasionally "catch" and force the hammer bar downward far enough to miss the sear. I simply applied a drop of oil to the disconnector, worked it in a little bit, and I haven't been able to reproduce the malf since.
I don't know if your solution will be as simple as applying a drop of oil, but that's where I would start looking. All you have to do is remove the grips, and you will be able to see if the disconnector is forcing the trigger bar to miss the sear when you pull the trigger.