Midwest Supply Group.. FAIL..

Talk about rifles and shotguns here.
tech 1

Midwest Supply Group.. FAIL..

Post by tech 1 »

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here is my experience with this company. I purchased a scope mount for my ak47. UTG PRO American made. The mount will not fit onto the scope rail more than 1/4 way, and is then canted left. Emailed Midwest for return authorization. Was told if it's unopened they will take it back, I replied "of course it's opened that's how I know it won't fit" . They replied "we are still working on your return request" 3 days later they inform me that they have spoken with leapers engineers and want me to take various measurements and report back. Is it me or is this just too much BS to go through for a $49 mount? By the way if they did take it back they charge 30%. I emailed back and said I would chalk it up to lesson learned and will not buy from them again. MIDWEST SUPPLY GROUP will sell the products that but will not stand behind them. By the way I have never posted negative comments about any company ever. This just pisses me off.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Midwest Supply Group.. FAIL..

Post by Curly1 »

No it's not you but bad customer service.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Texsun52

Re: Midwest Supply Group.. FAIL..

Post by Texsun52 »

I am a buyer for a large company and am familiar with typical terms and conditions. I went to Midwest website and read their return policy. A lot of it is pretty standard stuff but with a lot of caveats. It appears to me that they must do a certain amount of their business as drop ships direct from a wholesaler or manufacturer. That is good business in that they never have to handle the inventory, however from their stated policy and your experience it does seem that they do not want to be held responsible for the products that do not come from their onsite inventory. That is bad business. The 30% restocking fee also indicates they deal mostly in drop ships, so that if they do end up getting something back they can sell for full price and still make normal 30% profit. So they are assuming no cost liability. It looks like they hope to get everyone's business once, if it all goes well then maybe you buy again but not much effort is going to be made to create a loyal customer base.