OLD, TIRED, POLISH MILITARY HOLSTER????

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
stand watie

OLD, TIRED, POLISH MILITARY HOLSTER????

Post by stand watie »

New Friends,

Not only am I new to the P64 but also new to this site, too.

As a "southpaw" & retired USA MP, I want a POLISH SERVICE HOLSTER but cannot find one anywhere (Did the Poles even make a LH holster, as the Germans/Czechs did??) for us left-handed but "right-minded folks".

Anyway, I would like to buy an old/tired service holster with the magazine carrier sewed on to "disassemble" & use as pattern to make a LH replica of a service holster.
IF anyone has such a holster, which is surplus to your needs & is for sale, please advise by email: texasnative46@gmail.com with price, including S&H.
(I would hate to cut up a new service holster, which is the only sort that I've yet found, for making a pattern.)

THANKS, sw
"VICTORY OR DEATH"
William Barret Travis
Lt. Col., comdt.
Fortress of the Alamo, Bejar
Fby 24th 1836
chestertnted

Re: OLD, TIRED, POLISH MILITARY HOLSTER????

Post by chestertnted »

If you do this project, I am sure other lefties would be interested. I have a nice Polish P64 holster. But want to keep it in one piece!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
stand watie

Post by stand watie »

chestertnted,

EXACTLY the same sort of p64 service holsters that I've yet found. = I know for a fact that some of them "came in" with what could charitably be described as, "well-used" leather.

I wonder if all the old tired-looking ones "got pitched in the trash"??

Once I make ONE, if others here want a replica in LH, I can get them built CHEAP on the other side of the river. = I have all sorts on contacts down there, as I used to have all my horse tack made "over there".
(Also my beloved/adopted daughter was born/raised in Acapulco & then went back to take one of her degrees from Sacred Heart.- Thus translation is NOT a problem.)

yours, sw
"VICTORY OR DEATH"
William Barret Travis
Lt. Col., comdt.
Fby 24th 1836
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Could be a money maker. Through in the Maks, PA-63, R61, might have more customers than you think!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
stand watie

Post by stand watie »

chestertnted,

While I will happily help any SOUTHPAW that actually wants a replica, should I find a holster to "rip apart" & copy, I doubt if many people will want a replica of a Polish military/police "full coverage" holster.

Can I see "a show of hands" of willingly PAYING folks??

yours, sw
"VICTORY OR DEATH"
William Barret Travis
Lt. Col., comdt.
Fby 24th 1836
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I laugh in good spirits..you are right. Only 8% of people are left handed and probably 2% of the population wants a left-handed P-64 Polish holster.(being optimistic!). That means less than .16 of people might want said holster. ....I. E. Not a money maker. However could be a reputation maker!

stand watie

Post by stand watie »

chestertnted,

YEP, I suspect FEW would want one.
Btw, I found a "bench-made" & VERY NICELY crafted "otb saddle-leather holster" in LH for the P64 "on-line" for 15 bucks. = Color me: PLEASED.

yours, sw
"VICTORY OR DEATH"
William Barret Travis
Lt. Col., comdt.
Fby 24th 1836
SkippySanchez

Post by SkippySanchez »

Did anyone actually carry their p64 in the original holster?
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I have one, but have never used it. Might give it a try this winter!

stand watie

Post by stand watie »

Skippy Sanchez,

Well certainly the Polish National Police did for 20+ years & at least some senior Polish military officers likely did, too.

yours, sw
"VICTORY OR DEATH"
William Barret Travis
Lt. Col., comdt.
Fby 24th 1836
SkippySanchez

Post by SkippySanchez »

Dang autofill. I meant to ask, "DOES" anyone actually carry they're p64 in the original holster?

I mean, it's cool and everything, but looks like it would flop around on a belt. Mine stays in the holster when parked near my easy chair, but there are better holsters for carry IMO.
stand watie

Post by stand watie »

SkippySanchez,

Actually the holsters fit the P64 pretty well. = I'll wear mine on my wide belt when hunting/fishing/"out in the bad weather" to protect the little pistol.

yours, satx
"VICTORY OR DEATH"
William Barret Travis
Lt. Col., comdt.
Fby 24th 1836
mikethedruid

Post by mikethedruid »

I just got a good deal on 4 used original holsters for the P-64, a bit tired, and need the mildew cleaned off a bit and a good oiling and polishing, but salvageable. I will send you the worst for your project if you like, just so you can have one to work with, free except for shipping. Let me know if you still need it. PM me here, and I'll give you my e-mail.
mikethedruid

Post by mikethedruid »

OK, Stand, the holster is on its way to you. Good luck with your project. I hope it comes out excellent, and that the lefties here will give you some business. Nice chatting with you by e-mail.
rt66paul

Post by rt66paul »

I just received one I bought from Classic. The handgun fits in the holster only if the mag is out, doesn't make sense to me. I would suggest to anyone looking for a left handed holster for this size handgun, use a CZ-82/83 holster. They are large enough to fit the Makarov and smaller handguns left or right hand. I would imagine the p-83 would fit as well as the FEG.