my first holster

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
ToolBane

my first holster

Post by ToolBane »

A couple hours of research, and some elbow grease. I'm happy with it.
Attachments
Guns phone 012.jpg
Guns phone 012.jpg (158.29 KiB) Viewed 7945 times
Guns phone 011.jpg
Guns phone 011.jpg (149 KiB) Viewed 7945 times
Guns phone 010.jpg
Guns phone 010.jpg (162.89 KiB) Viewed 7945 times
ray1970

Re: my first holster

Post by ray1970 »

Sweet... looks like your first attempt was a little better than mine... I might have to make a trip to Tandy and get a nice piece of leather and have a second go at it since I am better informed now as to what i need to do to get good results... nice work.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I sure wish the attachments were a bit bigger. You can barely see them. Good job from what I can see.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Well done! How's it wear?
juniustaylor wrote:I sure wish the attachments were a bit bigger. You can barely see them. Good job from what I can see.
Those are the original sizes of his photos - I wish they were bigger too! I was clicking like mad to see them!
ToolBane

Post by ToolBane »

Ask and you shall receive!! Here are some larger photos. They are from my cell as my camera has a dead battery. Oh well.
Attachments
I screwed up and punched across the muzzle area.  It still looks alright though.
I screwed up and punched across the muzzle area. It still looks alright though.
This has the brand.  I thought it was cool so I used it.
This has the brand. I thought it was cool so I used it.
IMAG0001.jpg
ToolBane

Post by ToolBane »

[quote="dfunk"]Well done! How's it wear?

I am waiting for my conceal permit in the mail. Should be by wed of next week. I'll let you know. This was only because you are not accepting orders right now. I'm not sure I would have tried otherwise. So, thanks I guess, it was a fun process. Cost me about 125 to buy all the stuff. Now I can sell a couple to friends I guess and get some money back? :roll:
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

ToolBane wrote:Now I can sell a couple to friends I guess and get some money back? :roll:
For sure! Just don't discount some r&d time on it - we are talking loaded guns here.
I think you did well, and as Junius already pointed out, they get better and better every time you make one.
ToolBane

Update

Post by ToolBane »

Okay, just thought I would jump on here quick and update anyone interested. I FINALLY got my permit in the mail!! Have been able to use this bad boy a day and a half(ish). Went all day with it (1st day of carrying anything) and aside from being paranoid about my gun showing I could not tell it was there! In the car, walking, restaurant, and shopping for better conceal clothing. I love this gun! Holster works too. Now it's time to make one for my PT-145 and my cousins sigma 40. See how those turn out. Also Marschall grips are on the way :P