Any markings inside your P64 Holsters?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

bartos,

Thank you for the translation! I must get this information printed off and in my folder on the P-64! All the great information you have provided goes into a folder so when I forget something, I have place of quick reference to find the answer.

This weekend I will be showing my MG42 machinegun at the local gun show again and I am still on the lookout for my Second Variation 1971 or 1972 dated P-64. Ysterday aftenoon when I was setting up the display, I scanned the Vendors to see if anyone had one out early, but did not see one. But only about 15% of the dealers were set up at tha time. I WILL be on the lookout today when I get a chance to look for one.

I will post another photo of me and the display tomorrow!
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

To Bartos061 - witaj, tez jestem z Krakowa chociaz juz 30 lat w USA.
leather holsters were not made at the Radom factory but rather by various sub-contractors, small leather shops with main one in Tomaszow Mazowiecki, near Warsaw that still makes holster for P83 and probably P64 as well as there are thousands of those in the army and somewhat less often now among police officers.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Hello Mecenas !! That is exactly the kind of good information we are all interested in reading ! (at least I am)
Do you have any more neat info about the P64? I love reading about the Polish pistol and the people who carry it ! Have you been there by chance? Garry
reichpapers

Post by reichpapers »

Hey folks. Took me a while to find this site...but let me start by inputing my holster stamp...

Excuse any mistypes, the stamp isn't all that clear, it has a total of 6 lines of text and numbers:

KJ over 1 in a circle

P.P.H. "POLSKÓR"

N/P: 73-000-23-57
Regon 004711146
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

PPH Polskor is another one of those small leather factories that get a contract from the Polish government to make holsters. PPH means Polskie Przedsiebiorstwo Handlowe - Polish Trade Company and Polskor is a combination of parts of two words: POL = Polska (Polish) SKOR = Skora (leather)

I find this incredible dichotomy between the fascination of the US gun collectors/owners with the P64 and a downright hatred of these guns by the Polish users, particularly the police. Of course, the military only uses these for show. They look very nice in a brown shiny holsters carried by the the honor guard officers behind their right hip (about 5 o'clock position) - but in military combat they were useless. And the police found these to be inaccurate but most of all terrible with DA trigger pull. As soon as Poland became free from the communist regime in 1998- the police did all they could to start getting Glocks, Berettas and now the Radom factory makes Walthers P99 on German license.
But having said that - to me they are the prettiest looking pistols in the whole wide world-and that is not because I am Polish but because I had more guns in my life than I care to admit and nothing looked better than a P 64. - IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

Of course, I made a mistake- so before anyone else notices it - Poland regained her independence (from the Soviet influence) in 1989 and not 1998 - sorry.
jakub66

Post by jakub66 »

Picked up my P-64 holster from street vendor outside of Army Museum in Kolobrzeg, during summer visit to homecountry in 2004.
TOMSKOR stamp is only partial, looks like it's dated 1986.
TT-33 holster I got at the same time has a complete stamp dated 1984.
Both were in new condition.
Witam pana mecenasa.
gunner

Post by gunner »

I have just purchased a P-64 and would like to buy a hoster for it. On reading this thread I see several people have just received one that they have bought. Where might I look to find one to buy?

Thanks
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

gunner

WELCOME to the P-64 forum

bartos has some here

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=1704

you come even try EBAY

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunner

Post by gunner »

Normsutton,

Thanks for your reply. That info is just what I needed.
tankdriver

Post by tankdriver »

Here's the marks on my Brown unissued P-64 holster......

Last edited by tankdriver on September 5th, 2010, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddlingman

Post by paddlingman »

Brown - 1973. No manufacturer's marks *BUT* KOWALSKI-Z is handwritten inside. :)
camekanix

Re: Any markings inside your P64 Holsters?

Post by camekanix »

Are the proboards something you have to register for seperately?
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

The Proboards site was the old location of the forum and user registration is closed. Everything that was there is here now.
captmidnight

Post by captmidnight »

Jac se Mas!!!! Kiss me Im Polish on my mothers side.
Have brown ground forces holster with "NVA lV/X" inside of flap Gun dated 1968
Gun imported from TS KNOX Tenn, Appears new & unfired brand new holster.
Would like original "hidden carry" plainclothes holsters.