Trouble Feeding Lee 365 95 R in my P64

Discussion on reloading the 9x18 and any other cartridge
themoose

Trouble Feeding Lee 365 95 R in my P64

Post by themoose »

I am having feeding problems when trying to cycle my P64 with dummy rounds... I have checked all assembled rounds with a case guage and all are fine... I think the issue is the overall length with the shape of the bullet... I started at the .982 max listed for the cartridge, then backed down to about .963 and saw improvement... but still had some issues... continued adjusting down to the .950 range before problems went away.... anyone else have some experience with this bullet.... again, these were only manually cycled to test functionality before firing... not sure what they would do when actually fired.... Thanks for your help.

TheMoose
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Trouble Feeding Lee 365 95 R in my P64

Post by normsutton »

here is a factory bullet

that lee bullet

this a bullet I like to shoot out of mine

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
themoose

Post by themoose »

Thanks Norm for sharing photos with dimensions... I just received and installed a custom expander/powder funnel that I had made up for me for the 9x18 using my bore/bullet dimensions on my Dillon and readjusted belling, seating and crimping stations... cycled fine... will try to get to the range in the next couple of days to see how they actually function when fired... still waiting on a sizing die for Lyman 450 lube sizer... but will try some I tumbled lubed "as cast"... thanks again.
TheMoose
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

=
also most jacketed bullets in the 9X18 are .363 dia.
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
themoose

Post by themoose »

Problem solved, problem was with magazine. Spare worked fine. Measured with calipers and made small incremental adjustments until it functions as well as the other one. Thanks to the folks that offered help.

Mike