Grind down

Discussion on reloading the 9x18 and any other cartridge
rvenneman

Grind down

Post by rvenneman »

Can anyone suggest a case grinder to get the 9x19 down to 9x18 ?
Poppy42

Re: Grind down

Post by Poppy42 »

Why would you grind a case? Why not trim it? There are plenty of case trimmers out there. From the inexpensive around $30 on up to a couple hundred. Any and all would do a better job than trying to grind them.
Long, wide, deep, and without hesitation
rvenneman

Post by rvenneman »

Sorry, I meant trimmer.
themoose

Post by themoose »

I am just about to do some 9x19 for the first time... I already have a Lyman universal trimmer and found that doing it by hand was a real pain in more than one way... and I found that Cabela's had the Lyman adapter for attaching the trimmer to a electric drill marked down to $20 so I ordered it this morning...I'm old, have patience, but not enougb time or patience to just crank by hand to do many rounds...nor do I want the blisters.... If you don't have any trimmer now, you may want to check out some of the stuff Lee offers... I believe they are caliber specific and you can get them with a hand crank or an adapter to attach to a drill also... both ways are much cheaper than buying a power trimmer outright...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

I use the Lyman, with a cordless drill ,

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
themoose

Post by themoose »

Got my adapter for my Lyman trimmer Sat and did 100+ today in no time with electric variable speed drill. Did not force, checked length often and it was dead on. Sure beats hand crank.