FEG MkII APK safety/decocker problem.

Use this section for all other firearms
Ktakada

FEG MkII APK safety/decocker problem.

Post by Ktakada »

I've got an APK (PPK/s clone) and the safety/decocker lever goes down but the hammer doesn't come forward... It I pull back on the hammer and then push the safety lever firmly, I can ride the hammer forward. Any suggestions/fixes?
I'd hate to have to get ride of the pistol because it shoots very well.
Thanks in advance!
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: FEG MkII APK safety/decocker problem.

Post by Weasel640 »

I would start by checking the safety under the slide for wear. Then with the slide off check the function of the Hammer
Release lever.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Ktakada

Post by Ktakada »

I did, the lever works fine, I have noticed that in the attached image, the blade-looking thing (sorry for my lack of technical terms) isn't being pushed down all the way... perhaps that could be the cause? I've only recently acquired this pistol (which at the time, the lever did what it was intended to do) so I don't really know anything about this type of firearm other than the fact that it shoots very well.
Attachments
image2.JPG
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Please refer to these parts diagrams here and here so that we are on the same page with the parts names. For the most part the parts in question are interchangeable with the PA-63 and PMK.

As I said before, check the safety under the slide for wear. Look in this area; this is where it engages the Hammer Release lever. With the Slide off watch the difference in shape as you rotate between safe and fire. (more reply under photo)
1.png
1.png (219.3 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
The "blade-looking thing" is the Hammer Release lever. With the slide off check it's function. When depressed it should lower the Hammer. If this is happening, then there is a problem with how the Safety contacts the Hammer Release lever, i.e. the safety is worn in the area shown, the Hammer Release lever is worn on the top, or both.

From the sounds of it you may need to replace one or both the Safety or Hammer Release lever. They can still be found for less than $40 total. You can find youtube tutorials out there that detail how to strip these on a PA-63, it'll be the same process.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.