Are new production Zasatava m57's as good as old ones?

Use this section for all other firearms
nightwatch

Are new production Zasatava m57's as good as old ones?

Post by nightwatch »

I'm considering a new production M57. Has anyone had experience with them or know of any comparisons to the old Yugoslavian ones? I have a Romanian Tok and might collect one of each variety for the fun of it! Thanks for any info.
"If it's easy...... why bother"
Dennis

Re: Are new production Zasatava m57's as good as old ones?

Post by Dennis »

It is the same gun but with a better safety. I would wait next year, Zastave is coming out with the PPZ a pistol that holds 18-20 rounds of 7.62x25mm.
:D
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Dennis wrote:It is the same gun but with a better safety. I would wait next year, Zastave is coming out with the PPZ a pistol that holds 18-20 rounds of 7.62x25mm.
Or don't wait, and get both.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Jlandis003

Post by Jlandis003 »

I just bought the new M57.., love it!

Feeds and fires flawlessly (shoots a bit high mine does however) and is easy to clean and breakdown.

Fit nicely in my hand, no hammer bite and recoil is manageable... Can shoot it all day! Wonderful steel gun, weighted nicely.

Wouldn't recommend for carry, the slide release pin is held in place by a clip on right side of gun... Would catch on holster or clothing

dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Dennis wrote:It is the same gun but with a better safety. I would wait next year, Zastave is coming out with the PPZ a pistol that holds 18-20 rounds of 7.62x25mm.
Looks interesting.