Taking friends to the range.

Use this section for all other firearms
TroyS

Taking friends to the range.

Post by TroyS »

Took some friends from work to the gun range the other day. Some of them had never shot anything including BB guns. One was a until death I will be antigun liberal. I made sure to bring my 22 pistol to start them off with. Started at the break area and went over all safety rules and instructions with them. I also brought all of my fun guns. Needless to say I changed a lot of minds about US GUN NUTS that day. My anti gun friend now wants me to help him choose a 22 pistol to shoot. The best part was watching 3 big guys get outshot by my 5' 4" 130 lb GF who shoots my XD 45 and my Kimber 1911 45. This was after complaining about the recoil making them hard to shoot accurately. She had 5 inch groups at 15 yds.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Taking friends to the range.

Post by Curly1 »

I had a similiar stituation years ago with an antigunner and his wife. Took them trap shooting and some Ar15 fun and they turned to the dark side also.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Taking friends to the range.

Post by juniustaylor »

That is great Troy! Glad to hear that story. Hopefully you can keep taking them. I don't think I've ever had the opportunity of taking anyone anti-gun to the range. My wife never had guns in her house growing up as her mother was afraid of them or something. However, when I first took her shooting, she loved it.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF