What's the oldest handgun in your collection?

Use this section for all other firearms
Duo_Z

What's the oldest handgun in your collection?

Post by Duo_Z »

Just share the oldest handgun in your collection.

Mine is this H&R top break auto ejecting revolver. It was the first pistol I bought. Cabelas was selling it broken for cheap, so I picked it up and fixed it. It was made in 1887.

P.S. Sorry this is a picture from when I first picked it up, I will get one after I was done cleaning it posted later.

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: What's the oldest handgun in your collection?

Post by Curly1 »

1912 Savage and 1919 Colt.

Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
rickn8or

Post by rickn8or »

Mighty pretty, guys.

Mine's a S&W MODEL 1903 32 HAND EJECTOR, second change, made about 1906.
RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

Remington 1858 New Army
Attachments
rem1858_a.jpg
daven

Post by daven »

1895 S&W 4th Model top break in 0.32 S&W Short, closely followed by a 1905 S&W HE in 32-20. DaveN
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

1976 P-64...lol
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Oldest gun? I dunno. 1920's I guess. I'd have to check.

Oldest book in my collection? A boxing manual, 1888.

Oldest weapon in my collection? Bronze short sword, ~3,000 B.C.

I'll try to find a pic.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Kirk, that sword would be something to see!

Early 1940's S&W M&P. .38 S&W Cartridge.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Ok, I snapped a quick pic with my phone. Turned out a bit blurry. Don't know why, usually my phone does better than that. :P

Today this would qualify more as a large dagger, but bronze technology was different. Only so big you could make one. I chucked a fiver beside it. You can see that it's about the same size as a Roman short sword, though a steel Gladius would have been a superior weapon in most respects.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

You all have some nice items in your collections. But I must say, I'm liking that dagger. How did you end up with that? As far as old stuff goes. I've got a number of old books. A quick look brought up a book printed in Berlin from 1861. Though my sword is not nearly as old as yours, it is a saber from one of my ancestors that fought in the civil war. If it was made before or during the war I do not know. I just know it was used by someone before me.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Duo_Z wrote:You all have some nice items in your collections. But I must say, I'm liking that dagger. How did you end up with that?
It was deassessed from the Atlanta Museum and a friend bought it at auction. Some years later, he decided to clear his inventory. I ended up with that, a Napoleonic Horse Saber, an antique Foil, and an antique fencing mask from him. I've also got an antique Kukri in my collection from back when Nepal decided that they didn't need thousands of 100+ year old Kukris in their Arsenal. :)
As far as old stuff goes. I've got a number of old books. A quick look brought up a book printed in Berlin from 1861.
Subject?
Though my sword is not nearly as old as yours, it is a saber from one of my ancestors that fought in the civil war. If it was made before or during the war I do not know. I just know it was used by someone before me.
Civil War sabers are highly collectible and sought after. Extremely valuable. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

lklawson wrote:
As far as old stuff goes. I've got a number of old books. A quick look brought up a book printed in Berlin from 1861.
Subject?
Though my sword is not nearly as old as yours, it is a saber from one of my ancestors that fought in the civil war. If it was made before or during the war I do not know. I just know it was used by someone before me.
Civil War sabers are highly collectible and sought after. Extremely valuable. :)
I will never find out the worth. Family artifacts mean a lot to me. With any luck it will keep finding its way down the line.

As for the book :
Auther - Dr Martin Luthers, Its a bible.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

That is having to get up close and personal with that sword. Nice piece of ancient history.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
mikeh1

Post by mikeh1 »

1948 S&W .38 Military & Police, relatively new compared to the others...