IAC 1911 - Made in Turkey

Use this section for all other firearms
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

IAC 1911 - Made in Turkey

Post by juniustaylor »

I bought this handgun from Centerfire Systems in Kentucky. Overall fit and finish is very good. I think it's a nice looking piece. I will definitely post my results after I have fired it. The factory mag is so-so and I had a Kimber Kim-Pro mag that I took in on a trade for a holster I had made for someone else. The holster in the pictures below are one that I made 2 nights ago. It's black and I added the silver star because I kind of like it. Total cost to get it in my house was $385. Pistol was $350, free shipping, some lame $4 adult signature fee they charged at Centerfire, 3% credit card fee, and $20 FFL transfer fee. Not too shabby.

Pictures:

US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: IAC 1911 - Made in Turkey

Post by juniustaylor »

Link for anyone interested. http://centerfiresystems.com/TURK-1911.aspx

As for their customer service, I thought it was somewhat poor. It took forever to get them to process my order. If there was a problem I was never notified by email or phone... what is the point in putting that info on an order if they don't use it. I ended up calling them several times to finally get this crap processed. I will probably not buy from them again.

I completely stripped it down to every piece and cleaned all the shipping oil off and put it all back together. It smoothed up very good after that. It felt gravely when pulling the slide back but feels smooth now.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

It would be interesting to see how the build and reliabilty factor is compared to the Norinco clone or the RIA's.

Looks nice enough and at a nice price.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

I like the star too. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

Looks like it's well made . Be interesting to hear how it shoots! :D
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Jun

they are suppose to be an exact copy of the 1911 A1 government model, right down to the arced MSH, I have seen them at gun shows ,and are suppose to great guns, I've thought of getting one too , maybe next time

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I did get to shoot it today. I shot 50 rounds of reloads. They were 185 grain Hornady XTP. I don't recall the powder charge but I know it was Power Pistol and it was a max load. The gun did shoot them pretty decent. I had about 5 or 6 instances of a slight jam. A couple times it was because bullet didn't feed into the chamber right due to the hollow point. Other times it was that the slide didn't lock fully into battery and I had to lightly tap it with my left palm. Accuracy was pretty decent in my opinion. I shot it at 25 yards and my first shot was in the bullseye. After that they were kind of scattered but still in a good area. I stepped closer to 7 yards and shot and they were in around 3" or so. I was very very pleased with the pistol and am glad that I bought it. Recoil was rather brutal on the web of my hand. I'm not a big fan of the stock grip safety. I may replace it with the longer beavertail one or smooth up the edges so they're not so square and dig into my hand meat. I could just be because of the load they were. I'll try factory 230 grain FMJ and see if I have any hangups. The gun is new so I guess some hangups are to be expected. Will keep you all posted.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I bought some Remington/UMC ammo this evening and took it back out. These were 230 grain FMJ. Not a single issue, they fed, fired, and ejected perfect. Accuracy was very good. I has able to blow a small apple off a pole at 25 yards on the first try. I had a couple shots in the bullseye at 25 yards and the rest were right around the area. I am very pleased with this gun the more I shoot it. Recoil was a lot milder with these factory loads than with the hollow point reloads that I had shot earlier in the day. Someone had some sort of target they made out of spray foam and I was blowing that think to pieces every shot. I can't say enough good things about this handgun. Windage is dead on and it shoots about 2" high at 25 yards. I don't think it's anything to shake a stick at!!! :D
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Sounds like a winner thanx for the range report.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Looks like this company (Trabzon Gun I.C.) makes a large variety of 1911 style pistols, as well as a Beretta copy (FATİH 13), and their very own design the ZİGANA.

Then there is also CANİK 55 that makes CZ-75 style pistols that I'm curious about.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Thanks for the info Weasel. That is the company that makes it.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

I was just reading about these today. Thanks for the post. You pushed me over the edge. Payday I'm getting one. Thanks.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I took it out yesterday evening with some reloads I put together. 200 grain lead semi-wadcutters with 5.5 grains of Bullseye. Recoil was mild, pistol cycled perfect. Shooting off hand at 25 yards I had all shots within 5" of each other. I think I shot 14 shots or so at the target. 3 of the holes were touching. I shot about 11 other shots at random stuff. I blew up 2 half pieces of a shooting clay and some other random junk. It's a gun that I can have fun with and I do enjoy it. Jemsj4, it would be a good gun to look at getting. The price is very reasonable. Bullseye powder shot very well, cleaned up easy. Light leading that an old 20 gauge bore brush took care of quickly.