My CZ 70

Use this section for all other firearms
Birds Away

My CZ 70

Post by Birds Away »

I can't say much for the trigger...but it's still fun to shoot.

Birds Away

Re: My CZ 70

Post by Birds Away »

I didn't realize it had the GB stuff on the bottom. Mods-if this is a problem please delete.
Thanks
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Sand smooth and then polish the Firing Pin Lock (part #9) and the hole in the slide in which it fits. Inside and out for best results, but the outside at a minimum.

Find a butane lighter which has been run out, take it apart and salvage the springs. Use one of the springs to replace the Firing Pin Lock Spring (#8). Simply cut to the right size (or a smidge longer).

Polish the Hammer Strut (#24) where it meets the Hammer Spring (#25).

I haven't done it yet, but replacing the Hammer Spring will, no doubt, help. Two options. One, buy a new-old-stock spring and trim ~3/8" or buy/find a new, lighter, spring. Allegedly Wolff Springs part #10056 is supposed to work great. I'll be trying a new-old-stock spring first.

As always, test at the range before trusting your mods.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Birds Away

Post by Birds Away »

Wow, thanks. That is great information.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

My pleasure. While I have, personally, done all the mods suggested (except, as of yet, replacing the Hammer Spring), I can't take credit for them. I've found these tips hither, thither, and yon upon the net, including here on this site (advice to polish the Hammer Strut).

Hope this helps with your trigger pull. I know mine is atrocious in DA and was pretty bad in SA too. The mods I've done have made the SA much nicer (though still just a little gritty and with a ton of pre-travel). I'll be buying the Hammer Spring within a week or two and hopefully tame the DA too.

[edit]
I lightened the hammer spring. Definitely reduces trigger weight but I lightened it too much and lost reliable ignition with very hard "military" primers. Primers on typical civilian sales ammunition are still reliable, however. Don't lighten the spring too much!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Last edited by lklawson on March 28th, 2013, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

P.S.,

I also have a CZ-52 which is my favorite handgun. I did the polish and spring replacement for Firing Pin Lock and Firing Pin Lock Spring and it made a massive difference. I never realized how much the roughness affected my shooting but I shrunk my groups noticeably after this mod.

I didn't worry at all about the Hammer Spring because the '52 is SAO.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
RustyNut

Post by RustyNut »

That's a great looking pistol. I thought about getting a CZ50 but their aren't many around now.
It's not the days in your life, it's the life in your days.