saiga 223 conversion

Use this section for all other firearms
6x6pinz

saiga 223 conversion

Post by 6x6pinz »

A big thanks to "The Only Sarge" (another member here) for pointing me in the direction of the AR mag well adapter for the Saiga 223. I received the magwell today and installed it. It runs fine in my test box but need to get it to the range with a couple different AR mags to see how it works. The factory Saiga mag still works great.
Attachments
saiga ar mag 001 (Small).jpg
68gmcfan

Re: saiga 223 conversion

Post by 68gmcfan »

Just Curious, how expensive is this conversion and do you have to make any other mods. I guess my question is, can u do the conversion to a bone stock rifle and have a budget hi cap build?
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

the way mine is set up, I have $516.00 into it. This includes stock, grip, tapco trigger group, magwell adapter.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

As for cost.....
Saiga .5.56mm or 7.62X39 is $299 at many places right now. Greg at Carolina Shooters sells the conversion package with butt stocks/grips everything for around $150. Simple tools and a few hours you got a Russian made 922R compliant bad ass. Not a Century Arms piecemeal POS.

@6X6pinz.....fun aint it :) I use the USGI (cheapo) steel mags. The PMags are just not built for it.
I have a kazillion rounds through all of mine with the USGI mags and not one single burp, fart nor hiccup. PMAGS fall out due the latch area. Heck I buy the USGI mags at the gunshow for about $9 bucks each. So the SureFire $40 mags can kiss the booty......thing pays for itself quick.
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

@The Only Sarge I had an ample supply of metal mags for my AR's so it was a no brainer, once you brought it to my attention this was even possible. Again thanks for the heads up. I have turned several folks around me onto Mike and his part. He should be busy getting them out about now.:) I just dropped a set of Tech Sights on my S223. Taking it to the range next Wednesday. Last time it was hitting the 300yd gong on a very regular basis so I expect to be able to hit the smaller ones easier now.