BRAND NEW Colt Police Positive

Use this section for all other firearms
Byrd

BRAND NEW Colt Police Positive

Post by Byrd »

My neighbor & his father-in-law just left me in awe! The father-in-law bought this from an elderly widow who found it while going through her deceased husbands effects. She said no guns in the house! The serial number dates it to 1966, and she gave him the new Outers cleaning kit & box of shells with it. I was amazed, it is flawless, no ring on the cylinder, the hammer has never been cocked, I was hesitant to open it to check and see if it's loaded (he gave me the go ahead). He gave her $350 for it :evilgrin: I told him I thought it was a $1000 pistol to the right buyer. He is a shooter & accumulator, not a collector, so he is undecided as to whether he is going to shoot it or not. Enjoy a nice piece of history!
Attachments
Price tag.jpg
#3.jpg
#1.jpg
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
The Only Sarge

Re: BRAND NEW Colt Police Positive

Post by The Only Sarge »

Now that is a "find" for sure!!!
bil

Post by bil »

Looks just like mine! (Except for the part about the ring and the hammer and being fired, and some muzzle wear and being made in 1928....)
*grin*
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Very nice.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
wyo-man

Post by wyo-man »

Very nice. Older Colts are very hard to find.

wyo-man
bil

Post by bil »

wyo-man wrote:Very nice. Older Colts are very hard to find.

wyo-man
I bought mine from a friend at La'Union Italia in Tampa, in about mid-1960s. It was reputed to be a piece used by a Trafficante Family mafioso, not sure how used. Fellow I bought it from was an associate of the Family, my bookie.
I was surely surprised recently when I took off the grips while making a replacement set, and found a big chunk of lead in the handle. Also has a couple of initials, nicely carved, one in bottom of each grip. Dunno whose initials they are, but would be willing to bet they had a Sicilian/Italian last name! :lol:
Ah, the good ol' days...!
bil