Bought a Chrony

Use this section for all other firearms
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Bought a Chrony

Post by juniustaylor »

There was a feller here in Wichita selling one, a Chrony Alpha model for $80. He used it once or twice. I'm pretty excited about it since I just happened to have some pocket change laying around so I could buy it. They normally sell for around a $100 (+/- $10). I tried it out with my Beeman pellet rifle. That was a bit of a funny experience. My little rat terrier dogs (Sidney & Jake) like to "alert" me when a squirrel is in the back yard so they run out and bark at it in the tree while I shoot it. Anyway, I took the Chrony outside and no more than shot the first pellet and my little female terrier screamed from inside her kennel throwing a royal fit. My wife let them out and they ran as fast as they could to the tree and thought I was gonna shoot something for them. :)

Anyway, I learned that the pointed hunting pellets shoot around 957 fps from my rifle and the flat nose target ones were about 870 fps or so. I'm anxious to use it more for my rifles and handguns and even for an arrow or two ;).

protector

Re: Bought a Chrony

Post by protector »

Very nice find,and if you reload,it's worth its weight in gold!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

That's the primary reason I bought it is to verify my load data.
protector

Post by protector »

Just be careful,a lot of guys end up putting a pill through the led read-out,or amputating the skyscreens... :shock: :lol:
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

LOL. That would almost seem impossible because the darn thing is only about 15 feet at the most for a high-powered rifle. For my use it'll always be within 8 or so feet. That would be awful to put a bullet through it.