to add to my collection of Argentine 1911s , one more and I have my clock

other ones I have
RIA compact
SAM
LLAMA

Charles Daly

AMT

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on March 14th, 2009, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
electross

45 AUTOS

Post by electross »

You do have a nice collection of 1911's. I had a Charles Daly, liked it alot but sold it to move on to other handguns. Ultimately ended up with a Kimber Custom II. I really like the Kimber, but there is something about the Daly that I miss. It shot great. Had a couple of stovepipes with it and figured that I was not locking up in the wrist. That fixed the problem. Once again, nice collection.
big54r

45 AUTOS

Post by big54r »

very nice 1911 collection Norm!

man I wish I hadn't sold my 1911 llama, it shot great and never had a malf or anything >:(, still don't know why I sold the darn thing. :-/

live and learn I guess! ;D
breeze

45 AUTOS

Post by breeze »

NORM,

If I had that many 1911's I would have to figure out a way to carry them all at the same time ! You would be invincible
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

45 AUTOS

Post by papabear »

Norm,

Outstanding..... :-/, and I can say I've seen most of them except for the last one..... ;D.

Here is my little collection of .45 Auto's.

'43 Remington Rand

Springfield GI Champion

Taurus PT 145

Taurus PT 1911

Ballester Molina

RIA 1911 Tactacial
POINT SHOOTER
olympus

45 AUTOS

Post by olympus »

Keep me in mind if you're ever considering a new set of grips for the 1911. Most of my exotics are $35 shipped. I've been doing a lot of higher end exotic woods lately though.
odonoma

45 AUTOS

Post by odonoma »

Any thoughts on the High Standard? A friend of mine has one of the "compact". It looks nice. I have not shot it, but desperately want a 1911-type and the price is nice.
rottenrick

45 AUTOS

Post by rottenrick »

How do you like the Taurus Millennium??? My favorite shop has a new one at a reduced price. I'm sure you like it or you wouldn't have bought it, but is that your CCW? Never carried a .45 except on duty, that's hardly a good example.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

45 AUTOS

Post by normsutton »

odonoma wrote:Any thoughts on the High Standard? A friend of mine has one of the "compact". It looks nice. I have not shot it, but desperately want a 1911-type and the price is nice.
odonoma

if its made buy Armscor you can get repaired ,if not don't buy it high standard will not repair it

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
odonoma

45 AUTOS

Post by odonoma »

I was thinking of using it for extreme CCW (under a jacket), but more for hunting and shooting. I have a few CCW weapons (P3AT, PA-63) and some larger .40 in Sig and Beretta 96. I am really looking for a .45 and if I can CC some that would be even better. I have not tried the millenium, but am a big fan of Taurus. I was also thinking of the 945, which is difficult to CC. My glich is the lack of appreciation for DA (I am not near as accurate).

Norm- Thank you for the information. That is excellent information. BTW- my PA63 has your KBI stamp on it. I got it from CDNN and love it. I replaced the springs and it is now at Innovative Arms in SC getting night sights. Great little shooter.
rfaudree

45 AUTOS

Post by rfaudree »

odonoma, if you want a 45 for ccw just to have for its stopping power the Glock 36 is probably the thinest, smallest,and lightest 45 out there at 6.77in x 4.76.in ,width 1.13in,weight 20.11oz.I know its not a 1911 but it is very concealable.
rfaudree

45 AUTOS

Post by rfaudree »

papabear,nice 43 Remington,very nice.Im sure you dont, but if you ever want to get rid of that one let me know.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

45 AUTOS

Post by normsutton »

odonoma

pix of a PA-63 over the top of a RIA compact

pix of a RIA compact over the top of aPA-63

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
odonoma

45 AUTOS

Post by odonoma »

Norm-

That is a great comparison. I am assuming that the RIA is pretty good. They are about the same price as the High Standard (RIA is $429 new and the high standard is $499 here in Charlotte). Is that about the going rate? It is a little frightening to see a 1911-type for less than $500. It worries me on the dependability. A friend told me that I could pay $1200 for a Kimber if that would make me feel better. His point was well taken.

rfaudree- There is always a part of me that thinks about getting the Glock. I know it is operator error, but I cannot get used to that trigger and cannot hit a dang thing with one. I owned one of the full-size Glock .45 for a few years, but sold it. I should have hung on to it for practice. Now I find myself limited away from DA's.

Thanks all for the response. I am new to the forum and I think it is great to have a PA-63 (and everything else) outlet.

Mark
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

45 AUTOS

Post by normsutton »

Mark

the RIA guns have the best guaranty of any gun that I know out there, any problems what so ever call these people http://www.advancedtactical.com/ and asks for Ivan ,

http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage