.25 acp

Use this section for all other firearms
lcberlin

.25 acp

Post by lcberlin »

Does anyone here reload the .25 ACP? I was thinking about it, and just thought I would ask for any advice.

Thanks. y'all
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

.25 acp

Post by normsutton »

lcberlin

I load every thing I Shoot except for the 25 acp it's not worth it , the smallest I reload for is the 9x18, the largest is the 45/70

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

.25 acp

Post by garry »

IcBerlin~
I was going to reload the .25 auto ,but, I started out learning to reload the 9x18 and the .30-30 first and I think the .25 auto is too small and possibly tedious for my fat fingers. It is a time consuming job to sit and reload small caliber pistol ammo because of the very small parts. I am sure there is no real reason not to if you are interested, then I'd say absolutely ...GO FOR IT !
I just might do it some day ,but , I can see where the small parts would make it difficult for me, NOT HARDER , just difficult to hold the small bullet in place as you push up the ram.
There are bullet feeding tubes available to assist in that process , but I haven't seen how they work yet.( I will get one eventually ,but for now, I do it by hand on each bullet.)
Next is the Powder thing, Same issues, + small grains and small funnel. still do-able.
Automated loaders might be the ticket for loading the .25 Auto case. The .25 Auto is a nice little pistol and there are reasons to reload for it. The price is way off mark with the caliber at the store. (same with .32 S&W) I can buy stuff to reload it as cheap as i can buy three boxes at the store. but will I shoot it enough over the years to bother? never know. If you have more than one .25 auto pistol, then I'd definitely buy the .25 cal. die set. Swaging your own bullets will make it even more economical. It is getting difficult to find a wide selection of bullets for it also.
Cases ,on the other hand, are everywhere because nobody wants to reload them. FREE CASES !!
I can see where measuring powder will need a precise touch for uniformity.
Still , It is up to how much you want to shoot---at $25-35 (and rising)per/50 shots from Store-bought Ammo is a VERY CLEAR reason to pay the $20-30 for a .25 auto die set and have it handy. Methinks. (this is assuming you already have the equipment for reloading other calibers already)
...and that is about all i can add. Good Luck with your decision, and Happy Shooting ! G
barnett3006

.25 acp

Post by barnett3006 »

My Hornady reloading manual says its not even worth the trouble to reload .25acp -- then it gives recipes for it. Like Garry said, If you are going to shoot .25acp in any great quantity then it would definitely be worth it just because of the cost. Just watch your powder charges like a hawk, I imagine it will be very very easy to overcharge that tiny case.
lcberlin

.25 acp

Post by lcberlin »

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply. I have a Beretta 950 in .25ACP, and after searching around some more I have found two online stores that are selling ammo for ~$10 per 50 rounds. Guess I will just go that route.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

.25 acp

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Icberlin, be sure to ask about the cost of shipping prior to bidding. Quite often the fellows who are selling at low prices on line make their profit off of the shipping, I learned the hardy way.
G.R.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

.25 acp

Post by carguy »

:(
Thanks for taking the time to read and reply. I have a Beretta 950 in .25ACP, and after searching around some more I have found two online stores that are selling ammo for ~$10 per 50 rounds. Guess I will just go that route.
May I ask who has it for $10 a box??? I can't seem to be able to find anyone that has it under $12.95 a box of 50 plus shipping...that is if they'll ship to Mass... :'(

SOG has it listed for $6.?? a box of 50 and has been out of stock for months...they told me this week that they don't know when it will ever be back in stock at that price, yet they keep advertising it...nice... :-[
lcberlin

.25 acp

Post by lcberlin »

Carguy

Natchez has CCI Blazer .25ACP, http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?conte ... moSize=212

and Wideners has Winchester 50gr FMJ, http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 819&dir=18|178|180

Now don't y'all go and buy them all out before I order some!!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

.25 acp

Post by normsutton »

Carguy

before you try Widener's

NO AMMUNITION SALES TO Massachusetts

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

.25 acp

Post by gunneyrabbit »

There are times when I need to carry something smaller than a my Kel-Tek P32 so I chose a PSP 25 which is an copy of the Baby Browning and you can hide it anywhere. The pistol is accurate and reliable, if you think the .25acp isn't powerful enough take a shot at a 2"x6", you may not get 11" of penetration but a .25 in a lung will most assuredly stop a fight. One in a hip Will stop any one from walking and I'm sure we will all agree that one in the head would not be a good thing. I've never quite understood the disdain for the .25 auto, it's not a major caliber but anything is better than nothing in the proper situation. If I were going to carry one at all times I would surely reload the empty casings.
fritzhund

.25 acp

Post by fritzhund »

I agree GR.

I have a Beretta 950 as well.

When I need something really small you cannot beat it.

I keep it loaded with hollowpoints and it most certainly would do the damage necessary to stop a fight.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

.25 acp

Post by carguy »

Thanks Norm I knew about Widners but Nachezz is new to me so I may try there...price is okay. I think I'll wait until next week as there is a gun show locally over the weekend and I'll see what I can find.
jbailey

.25 acp

Post by jbailey »

It may be just advertising 'hype', but check out the MagSafe .25 ACP 22 gr. "Defender": 1,750 fps and 150 ft/lbs in a Beretta 21. They say on the package, "A .25 loaded with MagSafe is more potent than a .380 full of hollowpoints"
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

.25 acp

Post by anjdrifter »

As proud owner of a Beretta 950B and also a 418 and a few other mouse guns was wondering who else has and likes the beretta and also the other 25s out there..
thanks for tha ammo links ..Wally world now wants 17.95
jbailey

.25 acp

Post by jbailey »

Anjdrifter - Who me? I donno. Does a 950, a Sterling, a CZ 'DUO', two Ravens (one N.I.B.), a Titan, and a Mauser Model 1914 make me qualified? Do .22s count? A Jennings, a Phoenix, an AMT BackUP, another Sterling, and a STAR Lancer, and a NAA folder might tip the scales? By the way, I "scored" 150 rds of S&B .25 ACP in 25 rd boxes for $20 at a recent show (bought all he had!) Life can be good! - John