Crvena Zastava Mod 70 7.65 Yugo

Use this section for all other firearms
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

8-)

Hello All,

Has anyone else had any experience with this pistol?

I have had it for a couple of years, and really enjoy it for what it is. It looks like a Yugo copy of a 1911 chambered in .32. It weighs a ton and is "built like a tank" as the Bloc weapons usually were.

I have shot several types of .32 ammo through it, but it only seems to like Fiocchi. Everything else seems to want to jam.

I have heard that I need to polish the ramp, but have not done this before. I am not a gunsmith but I have done many small repairs to firearms.

There is some information on-line regarding this pistol, but not a lot. I have been watching the prices soar on the auctions, there is still only one magazine available for each pistol, it is heavy, it is single action, the safety is cheezy, but for some reason I like it.

I have seen a few of these at shows, and they all look beat to hell next to mine. I paid $150.00 OTD for what I think is a nice example of this gun. This was transfer included in late 2005.

Any comments regarding experience, ammo, and modifications to improve reliability would be welcome.

Thanks
Last edited by fritzhund on November 14th, 2007, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

I bought one several years ago because I read that Makarov.com was building a barrel for it that chambered the 32NAA round. It never happened or it least it never was made commercially. I like the pistol for the same reasons you do. I'm still hoping I can put the 32Naa barrel on it someday. Later Don
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

They are for sale at all of the auction sites and I have never heard a negative comment. People are buying them up so there must be positive aspects to the pistol. I have only seen one in the flesh and it was a nice looking pistol. The big draw back for me is the caliber, size and weight of the pistol, to large and heavy for the diminutive caliber; the same reason that I have not purchased a CZ-82/83 in 32acp.. One absolute is that if you buy now the prices are sure to go up.
Gunney Rabbit. :)
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

Thanks. Like I said, I was lucky enough to pick this one up before I started to see other in way worse condition. Mine is nearly perfect for a surplus gun. The only issues I have had is feeding with some ammunition. I think I will get some crocus cloth this weekend and polish the feed ramp and try that ammo again. Fiocchi is hard to find.

I apperciate all of the info and input!

You are also correct in the fact that this nice little pistol is heavy to carry, but I do like it for the range.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
saands

Post by saands »

What do they get for muzzle velocity from the 32NAA?

Seems like that conversion to 32NAA would just be a barrel swap from 380acp, but would have to be a barrel and a magazine and likely mag well work (enlargement) from a single stack 32acp (which most seem to be).

Saands
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

The company posts 1222 f.p.s. with a 60gr. bullet from Hornady, generating 199 ft. lbs of muzzle energy from the Guardian 2.5 inch barrel. They go on to say 1455 f.p.s. with 287 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy from a 4 inch barrel. The cartridge is made by Cor-Bon with the proprietary bullet from Hornady. Pretty impressive numbers for such a small caliber. If the cartridge had been around at the turn of the century, my favorite pistol, the Colt 32 pocket auto would probably still be in production and the 380 cartridge may very well have passed by the way side.
G.R. 8-)
trzeci98

Post by trzeci98 »

I had one a year or so back, my first hand gun, mine wasn't too nice looking. I think I paid $160, sold it a month later for $150 or something, I needed the money, I shouldn't have purchased it to begin with, I though that I had more money than I did. In retrospect I with I'd have kept it, it was fun, and the ammo was easy to find, 9x18 is hard to find cheap in my area. for me it liked dynamit noble, or RMS it goes by two names. It didn't like to feed remington, wasn't too terribly accurate, take down and cleaning was nice and easy. I like how the parts just fall out of the frame when you take it apart for easy cleaning and oiling. Overall I was pleased with it, the cartridge is a little weak, but the euros killed it, it is the cartridge hitler killed himself with...

at first I almost bought a p-64 but went for the 70 as it felt better in my hand. I should have bought the p-64 as it have with the holster, the one I bought this year didn't come with a holster. but I found a good S&W for a PPK/S that works just fine.

enjoy the pistol, I did and wish I still had it...
trzeci98

Post by trzeci98 »

Oh yeah and from what I heard they shouldn't be imported anymore as they don't pass the new(er) import rules, likely from a small overall size and lack of safeties. It should likely go up in value if this is true...