What are your Favorite Shotguns?

Use this section for all other firearms
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

I am not much of a shotgun person (can't hit the broadside of a barn from 25 ft., LOL), but I appreciate them very much! My Dad loved shotguns and his favorite rabbit huntin shotgun was a single shot 12 ga. he bought in 1949. It is a Sears, Ted Williams (I think) and I have never seen him put the gun to his shoulder when hunting rabbits; he fired from the hip. I don't remeber him ever missing on either. I was better with a rifle, and we were about equal with a handgun. I asked him one day how he got sooooo good with a shotgun, and he told me when he was young, his dad gave him 3 shells and told him to bring back 3 rabbit or 3 shells; they cost .05 cents each! He said he had learn real quick how to shoot good.

Anyway, to get back to the thread, I like double barrel SxS shotguns. My favorite is a TTN copy of the Colt 1878 shotgun. It is Chinese made, but very good quality. This is what I shoot in Cowboy Action shooting. It is accurate and all the parts interchange with the original. At least the Chinese have a winner here. Here is a link to the TTN website: http://www.ttnintinc.com/gunmodels.htm#coachgun

They also have a copy of the Winchester 1898 pump that is great quality too!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

That Coach Gun must be a BLAST :( to shoot!!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

carguy,

Pardon the pun, but it is a blast! I also shoot Black Powder loaded in 12 ga. brass cases. There is just a "cool" factor shooting a rabbit ear shotgun with brass shells and getting all the smoke from BP.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

There is a cool factor with so many firearms. One selling point when I bought my Baikal O/U was the double triggers...I know they serve no particular purpose but I love the style.

The same with the rabbit ears!!