What are your Favorite Shotguns?

Use this section for all other firearms
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Hey All ! I just traded a well used Bass guitar and Amp for this sweet Savage 242 O/U 410 Shotgun ! I am Pleased as Punch and wanted to share it with you guys ! I have shot it and fell in love immediately. I shot at a pepsi 2-liter bottle from 20 yards and that bottle went skyhigh !!!!! :(

I tried using some of those Silver& Brown Bear 410 slugs and only half of'em would hit the primer hard enough to fire them. Hard primers?
All other shells worked fantastic ! Man what a deal !
What to do with all this old band gear? Giving up music has it's benefits ! Besides, I can still hear a gun go off !!! LOL G
Pics coming soon..

Does anyone elase have a few favorites? Please post pics !
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

My favorite is my current shotgun Bakail 12 ga O/U.
It's my one and only so it definitely is my favorite!

8~)

(But I loved my Remington 870 wingmaster from the 70's, lost in a burglary...not one I committed but one committed on me)
Last edited by carguy on July 30th, 2007, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

My Winchester model 97 trench gun

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on July 30th, 2007, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Nice !!! Both of yours ! I am a Winchester Fan. I have a model 1400 16ga That I Love ! That Trenchgun is a thing of beauty ! Do you have a bayonet for it Norm? Man, I bet the enemy crapped when they saw that coming at 'em ! G
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Garry
NO I don't , this one was issued to the Boston PD

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Norm: If you ever decide to get rid of it...remember me...I love stuff with a connection, Boston PD...it's mine!!

Dibbs on Norm's trench gun.

I hosey Norm's trench gun.

If I could think of any other assinine, infantile, silly sayings I'd keep typing...but I can't.

Seriously Norm if ever, think of me first, please.

And I think the bayonet for that is about 30 inches long! Talk about scaring the crap out of someone!!
Last edited by carguy on July 30th, 2007, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

carguy

I do like the wood on that shot gun of yours

Oh and I can't sell the 97 unless I give the guy I bought it from first chance he had it for 10 years and I've had it for 19 years

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on July 31st, 2007, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Right now I only have the one so it must be my favorite,Had a Ithaca 900 for a couple of days last month but traded it back to owner who was crying he gave it up.
This is Mossberg pump, just like the one I had in squad car,or was it in a stagecoach.This is one of those guns as soon as I saw it and picked it up,had flashback and had to have it.
Hey it is not as neat as the others here but to me it is.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

I have two, but one is a old Harrington & Richardson Arms Topper M48 12ga single shot 30" bbl that my Marine Corps uncle first took me hunting with back in the 50's, its at my brother in laws in FL so no pic. My other shotgun is a Remington Wingmaster 870 12 ga pump 18' bbl that I have had for many a year too, it waiting to be use for two legged varmints since I don't hunt any more.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Hey Y'all ! Here is my shotgun collection. I need some info on a couple of these,If anyone can help me , I would really appreciate it alot !!!
Pictured below are (top to bottom) : 1. Winchester 1400MKII 16ga. semiauto, 2. Mossberg 500 20ga. Pump. (I got for free!) 3. New England Pardner 20ga single shot. 4. Eig Eibar .410 3-shot repeater Bolt Action(Made in Spain, need more info) . 5. Savage .410 O/U Double. 6. Acme Arms Co. Belgium, 12ga SxS Double bbl. (need more Info). I also have an Imperial Arms 12ga. Single break open Action that i need a new barrel for. (it has NO bbl. at all ! ) Any help on those would be helpful.
Please PM me with Q's , and I will give detailed INFO on them. Thanks in advance Guys !!!!! G
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Here is a bit of engraving detail on the Double bbl. 12 guage that i'd like more info about. Example : what year, company info, where it was made, etc...
also here are some markings for the Eig Eibar 410 Bolt action 3-shot Repeater. Thanks Again Guys ! G
Here are the Eig Eibar Markings:

Those of you on Dial-Up , Please forgive me for the long loading time. Sorry , G
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

nice guns guys! My collection is definitely in the "utility" class-- have one of those old Stevens tube-mag bolt-action .410 repeaters (I couldn't get those metal-cased Russkie shells to fire in it either BTW), and my son has a Stevens break-open 12-gauge single-shot. My double-barrel Stevens 12-gauge with the 18" barrels and the abbreviated rear stock is currently residing with my dad--and his Ted Williams auto-loader from Sears is with me. My faves would be my first shotgun, a "Springfield" (not Springfield Armory, I think it was made by--you guessed it, Stevens) single-shot bolt-action, and my first repeater, a Winchester Ranger pump--but they are both no longer with me :(
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Hey Norm...forget my request. If you ever do sell then go to your friend, I looked at Gunbroker last night and definitely couldn't afford to even think about paying for that beauty!! 8~)

But it sure is purty!!
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Hey Himmel !
Those Stevens Guns are fine guns .(IMO) They have fed many a Family over the years and I have a Stevens 22 (walmart gun) that is a wonderfully accurate specimen ! So, I like them all just Fine Man ! That Ted Williams !2ga. is a Keeper Too !! I have a few Ted Williams 12ga Shotgun shells that i have been saving because after he died a couple years ago My Friend Said he would like to have one.(he cried the day Ted died. I saw it. he looooves baseball) Anyways if you plan on keeping that TW Shotgun , I could send you one of the Ted Williams shotshells as a match to the gun(memorabilia : Has his autograph printed on it) If You'd like to have one. PM me if you do and I'll send it. G
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

My most favorite is my 12 gague 870 magnum, parkerised 20" long with a matching rifled barrel. Then there is a Stevens mod. 58 series F clip fed .410 and an older Savage mod 951 410. Thats about it.