22 LR Plinker Handgun

Use this section for all other firearms
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by abwehr »

carguy,

You know, I never even thought about the S&W .22 when you asked! A good friend and co-worker of mine has one and it is a nice shooting, accurate pistol. The two I would have recommended you had "shot down" (pardon the pun) in your original posting. These two were the Walther P22 and Ruger Mk1. I love my little P22, but maybe I was lucky; they are a hit or miss from the factory and not as accurate as my friends S&W. The Ruger Mk1 is very nice, but some folks like them and some don't.

I think you made a wise choice from my experience. The extra few dollars for a quality pistol never hurts. The Makarov conversion kit will be a nice Christmas present!
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by devlinfaust »

Does anyone know if that sportsman's guide Makarov conversion works for .380 as well as 9mm Mak. I'm embarrassed to say it, but my Russian Makarov is in .380 (please forgive me, I was young and foolish when I bought it). By the way, is it as easy to switch out the conversion on the Makarov as it is with the Beretta Ceiner conversion? That's the only one I've had personal experience with.

Thanks
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by normsutton »

devlinfaust

try this company they have them for the 380 a lot more money

http://www.dunavit.com/pricingandcontact

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by beasleydano »

Does anyone know if that sportsman's guide Makarov conversion works for .380 as well as 9mm Mak. I'm embarrassed to say it, but my Russian Makarov is in .380 (please forgive me, I was young and foolish when I bought it). By the way, is it as easy to switch out the conversion on the Makarov as it is with the Beretta Ceiner conversion? That's the only one I've had personal experience with.

Thanks
Do not feel bad about owning a .380. You don't have any trouble buying ammo & before long the .380s will be bringing a premium price too!
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by devlinfaust »

I may get that conversion. I like the Ceiner one for my Beretta. I like the .380 and it is easy to get ammo for. If I had it to do over with, I would get the 9mm Mak of course. I've thought about converting, but I understand it's a big deal to put in the 9mm Mak barrell and needs a press or something, so I'll probably leave it in .380.

Thanks for the info on the 22 conversion. I'm absorbing the recent purchase of a CZ-82, but this fall it is something I may go for!

Many thanks!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by carguy »

I just received a set of Maple (I think) S&W grips for my model 422 (my 22LR plinker)

... as Toby Keith sings it...How do you like me now? 8~)

Last edited by carguy on July 30th, 2007, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by papabear »

carguy,

Nice looking rig, I like em a bunch......thanks for sharing....... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by normsutton »

carguy

looks a lot better than before

NORm
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by beasleydano »

It sure does! Nice wood grips add distinction to most handguns.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by carguy »

I had communicated with Dennis M. about making grips for it and he said he was already working them up but it was taking a long time. Then I stumbled on this pair from a member of Rimfirecentral. He had purchased them, installed and then found a customer set at a gun show and these sat in a draw.

Nicely finished wooden grips really give a gun some class. As I've said before, I need good looking guns or I just won't own them.

Not to toot my own horn but take a look at the stock on the Bakail shotgun I posted under "your favorite shotgun" thread. The grain in that stock sold me on it. I just love it.
Last edited by carguy on July 30th, 2007, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by himmel »

Those grips put it in a whole new class IMHO... :)
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

22 LR Plinker Handgun

Post by himmel »

BTW, glad for the info on the PT22--I keep seeing one at one of the shops here and wishing I could buy it--maybe it's a good thing I couldn't...