M44 Mosin question

Use this section for all other firearms
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

M44 Mosin question

Post by space »

I just got my first M44 Mosin and have a question about the operation of the bolt.

When closing the bolt, after pushing the bolt forward and when rotating the handle towards the stock. Is the bolt suppose to "snap" into position at the bottom? Mine does not and you can move the bolt up handle up and down freely a fair amount.

Once the bolt is moved up enough, it does engage when "unlocking" it.
mikeh1

M44 Mosin question

Post by mikeh1 »

it doesn't snap into position when you lock it. There is nothing to keep it locked down, you should be able to move it as you describe.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

M44 Mosin question

Post by space »

Great, thanks for the info.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

M44 Mosin question

Post by garry »

Here is some reqally impressive info about the M44 Mosin Nagant and various models of it. I have a video of a complete bolt dissassembly and re-assembly that is very helpful and you will be able to take it apart and put it together after watching it one time ! Excellent video ! i will post it when i locate it ! My M44 Runs well and yes they do have some play but i just pull it down as far as it'll go and leave it there. Don't be afraid of these big mean Battle rifles( unless you are on the wrong end , of course). The M44 is a great target gun but the 91/30 is the more accurate version of the rifle. Anyway check out these sites and enjoy! The Wikipedia site has alot of history . G
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

M44 Mosin question

Post by garry »