New M44 - Updated pics

Use this section for all other firearms
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by beasleydano »

WOW! I am impressed! That's gotta be a keeper! Especially since you did the work!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by trent »

wow man, you did a great job
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by rlj102468 »

Got to love that tung oil. It really helps to bring out the luster without too much shine.

C-Ya, Bobby J.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by blinddog »

I don't know if this means anything, but I found a Moslin Nagant sniper rifle fitted with origional scope and parts. Date was 1943. guy wants $499 for it. Good deal or not?
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by trent »

Is the scope dated the same or similar to the rifle?
Last edited by trent on July 18th, 2007, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by blinddog »

yes, it is a short scope with cloth between the scope and rings.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by blinddog »

Trent honestly I did'nt look at the name brand of the scope real close. When I sawthat the gun was set up different than a regular moslin nagant next to it with matching scope I almost had a stroke. I like sniper stuff.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by trent »

i'm no expert but there is a way to tell if it is an authentic sniper, someone can probably give you the low down here.

these are aparantly ex-snipers (had the scopes taken off ect to be used as battle rifles, and century put them back together with scopes) but they are cheaper http://www.classicarms.us/htm/firearms.htm
Last edited by trent on July 19th, 2007, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by papabear »

I don't know if this means anything, but I found a Moslin Nagant sniper rifle fitted with origional scope and parts. Date was 1943. guy wants $499 for it. Good deal or not?
blinddog,

Pic's would be nice to see what you are talking about, but $499 for a post 1939 short scope [PU] is a great price for an origianl 91/30 snipper rifle. Here is a site with some info.

http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/9130sniper.htm

papabear
Last edited by papabear on July 19th, 2007, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by blinddog »

OK if I remember correctly it looks real from the photos in that link. I will go over to the gun shop I found it at and get a picture. Its a little hole in the wall gun shop but the owner is a great guy. I don't think he would mind. I will try to post them this weekend.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by blinddog »

After serious questioning with the store owner, he finally broke down and admitted the gun was a repro. However, it's still a nice looking gun and definitely has a russian scope on it (hammer and sickle mark). The arm on the bolt has been cut and turned down so it will miss the scope on reload. Other than that it's just ordinary.

trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by trent »

*whispers* I'd go for the classic arms one if you want one like that (If I had any money to spend I'd get one of those)

I'm not sure why I wispered that one, perhaps I guess I didn't want the gun store owner to hear. ;D
Last edited by trent on July 21st, 2007, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by blinddog »

This guy is really into milsurp weapons. Prices are not too bad. moslin nagent I had my guns out the other day cleaning them and she told me it looked like a hit man lived here. Iplan on getting one next month. I post a pic when I do.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by dfunk »

Is it possible that I have a chrome lined barrel. Sure looks like it to me but I have never heard of that before. There is even chrome on the end of the barrel just like on my AK.
If it's all original, then that's a negative. The Soviets didn't have the $$$ or the time to chrome line the barrels during production.

The zero was, indeed, set with the bayonet extended. When fired, the gas exiting the muzzle end bounces off the spike and can alter trajectory of the projectile. A friend of mine has a 44 and it won't shoot well unless it's extended. However, you can get a punch and drift that front sight and play with the rear to zero it without the bayonet. Nice looking piece!

Oh yeah, is it counter-bored?
Last edited by dfunk on July 24th, 2007, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

New M44 - Updated pics

Post by space »

Is it possible that I have a chrome lined barrel. Sure looks like it to me but I have never heard of that before. There is even chrome on the end of the barrel just like on my AK.
If it's all original, then that's a negative. The Soviets didn't have the $$$ or the time to chrome line the barrels during production.

The zero was, indeed, set with the bayonet extended. When fired, the gas exiting the muzzle end bounces off the spike and can alter trajectory of the projectile. A friend of mine has a 44 and it won't shoot well unless it's extended. However, you can get a punch and drift that front sight and play with the rear to zero it without the bayonet. Nice looking piece!

Oh yeah, is it counter-bored?
Nope, not counter bored. Barrel looks brand new inside and out.