Launched my safety detent into space!!!(should i make some?)

Info, pictures, advice...
Shaggy

Launched my safety detent into space!!!(should i make some?)

Post by Shaggy »

I was trying to do my CC piece's first full strip since i got it, and during reassembly the detent flew out. been all over the kitchen and cant find it anywhere.

Does anyone have a source?

Should i make my own? If you guys have, what did you make them from? (If i was at work my first thought would be some worn out gauge pins 52100 Steel)

Does anyone have an original toleranced print of either slide or detent.(i have anouther p64, i just would rather make it to spec.

Or should a run a production run on them? I'm a machinist by trade, and one of my coworkers has a garage business with a cnc lathe.

Also would a longer tail make more sense, so it locates on the spring better for assembly?
Shaggy

Re: Launched my safety detent into space!!!(should i make some?)

Post by Shaggy »

Looks like i found some at RTG!!
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Glad you found them.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
soram

Post by soram »

Shaggy wrote: October 5th, 2021, 8:53 pm I was trying to do my CC piece's first full strip since i got it, and during reassembly the detent flew out. been all over the kitchen and cant find it anywhere.
This is why you should ALWAYS do a full strip inside a gallon sized plastic bag!

I too lost a part (I believe it was the indent spring) a very tiny spring. I heard it hit across the room by the TV.

After hours of searching a carpeted room, I FOUND the spring inside an OPEN paper bag right at the feet of where I was working!?! :shock: I was lucky and so are you for at least finding one somewhere.

Ross
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

soram wrote: October 6th, 2021, 5:46 am
Shaggy wrote: October 5th, 2021, 8:53 pm I was trying to do my CC piece's first full strip since i got it, and during reassembly the detent flew out. been all over the kitchen and cant find it anywhere.
This is why you should ALWAYS do a full strip inside a gallon sized plastic bag!

I too lost a part (I believe it was the indent spring) a very tiny spring. I heard it hit across the room by the TV.

After hours of searching a carpeted room, I FOUND the spring inside an OPEN paper bag right at the feet of where I was working!?! :shock: I was lucky and so are you for at least finding one somewhere.

Ross
I'm still missing a ppk mag floor in the house... I'm thinking i might try this in the shower next time.... On the bright side, i'm going to take the safety to work tomorrow and massage the ramp for the safety. It is really difficult to rotate, the ramps are too chunky
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 on the plastic bag for field stripping parts that are spring loaded.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary