CAD Model

Info, pictures, advice...
jimrk

CAD Model

Post by jimrk »

Looking for a CAD model for P-64. Fusion 360 would be great but anything would be good.
Thanks
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: CAD Model

Post by Weasel640 »

Welcome. Unfortunately I don't think what you are asking for exists...
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
jimrk

Post by jimrk »

Darn, Thanks
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Why are you wanting a CAD of the P-64? Also what were your real expectations that a CAD of it existed? The P-64 was designed and tested in the late 50s to early 60s. Back then CAD did not exist... At best they maybe had Blackline or Blueprint Plans. But they would reside and be archived somewhere in Poland. If ever digitized, the only way you'd find them is searches with Polish key words or direct phone calls to Libraries in/around Radom, or to Fabryka Broni "Łucznik" directly...
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
jimrk

Post by jimrk »

Was thinking of maybe doing a 3Dprint of grips. A Model would be a head start.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Yeah probably find a 3D scanner and software that will convert it to CAD...
Weasel

Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Weasel640 wrote: May 31st, 2020, 12:47 am Yeah probably find a 3D scanner and software that will convert it to CAD...
The problem with a scanned image is that it’s a raster image and is not very precise. cad drawings are vector drawings. Based on a given distance in the X,Y,Z directions. unless you’re digitized image has true dimensions on it it’s pretty much useless as far as preciseness goes. Where as the true CAD drawing is drawn to scale. Even if the CAD drawing didn’t have dimensions labeled on it, if it was a true CAD drawing and drawn to scale you could physically measure it and reproduce the product. Where as A digitized raster image is not necessarily precise in all directions. It might be good enough for a representation but to reproduce an actual product would still require a lot of custom hand fitting.
Long, wide, deep, and without hesitation
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Poppy42 wrote: April 4th, 2021, 8:05 pm
Weasel640 wrote: May 31st, 2020, 12:47 am Yeah probably find a 3D scanner and software that will convert it to CAD...
The problem with a scanned image is that it’s a raster image and is not very precise. cad drawings are vector drawings. Based on a given distance in the X,Y,Z directions. unless you’re digitized image has true dimensions on it it’s pretty much useless as far as preciseness goes. Where as the true CAD drawing is drawn to scale. Even if the CAD drawing didn’t have dimensions labeled on it, if it was a true CAD drawing and drawn to scale you could physically measure it and reproduce the product. Where as A digitized raster image is not necessarily precise in all directions. It might be good enough for a representation but to reproduce an actual product would still require a lot of custom hand fitting.
Are you suggesting that there is a CAD drawing available somewhere for the P-64? If so where? If not, then how do we produce one?
Weasel

Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

That’s the only way I can think of making a detailed CAD drawing is to find a qualified draftsman willing to do it. I can tell you as a retired draftsman if I would’ve do it I would charge you a heck of a lot more than the cost of the gun it’s self
Long, wide, deep, and without hesitation