New owner

Info, pictures, advice...
Tankmandan

New owner

Post by Tankmandan »

Just bought a gorgeous ‘71 a couple weeks ago. Doing some quick searches for accessories lead me here. Nice to know there’s an entire group dedicated to this one gun! I’m Dan, i live in Florida and I was recently retired from the U.S. Army almost a year ago. I’ve loved firearms ever since i was a small kid, getting formally introduced by shooting a 1911 at 8 years old.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New owner

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Dan.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Welcome, Dan.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome aboard Dan.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
superc

Post by superc »

Welcome. Change your mainspring to a Wolff spring set for an easier DA pull.
soram

Post by soram »

Welcome, Dan! Let us know if we can help in any way!
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Tankmandan wrote: October 19th, 2019, 8:57 am Just bought a gorgeous ‘71 a couple weeks ago. Doing some quick searches for accessories lead me here. Nice to know there’s an entire group dedicated to this one gun! I’m Dan, i live in Florida and I was recently retired from the U.S. Army almost a year ago. I’ve loved firearms ever since i was a small kid, getting formally introduced by shooting a 1911 at 8 years old.
Hi Dan and welcome. :hi:

Florida huh, well it must be nice to look out the window and not see it snowing. But I just did and that white stuff is coming down. :(

Also wondering if anybody has taken the time to explain to you that owning a P-64 requires that you have dual citizenship :?: Now you have to claim as I do, that you are a Pollack :!: :lol:

Would also like to say ......... Thank you for your military service. I did not put in the years that you did, but can honestly say that some of the best years of my life was while I was in the USAF. :D