I'm in love with a Communist Polish Girl and she a snappy lil Bizatch!

Info, pictures, advice...
Sirrus_Rider

I'm in love with a Communist Polish Girl and she a snappy lil Bizatch!

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Finally made it out to the range with my '68 vintage p-64. Before firing shot one, this pistol dispelled a few cold war myths that I grew up believing.

Myth one: Comblock weapons are ugly and crude. Although, my sample had some expected holster wear everything was nicely machined and blued and Walther DNA evident. If you were ignorant of it's history you could believe it was a forgotten model of PPK. Matter-of-fact I refer to it as my Polish PPK.Image

Myth Two: Comblock weapons are inaccurate pieces of $hit only useful for pistol whipping someone for their firearm. Here is where we resume our story I shot 50 rounds at 7 yards. Oh my God did I drink deep at the Propaganda fountain growing up. That little pistol is a little laser gunImage If I have to fault the gun it's the sights are the traditional early 1900 to 1950's type and are hard to pick up quickly, but lets face it it was intended for use by a young conscript's eyes.

I did put Wolf springs in her and I think I'm going for the Polish Iron EMR and V.5 grips . Even though I have a good grip she is a snappy little Biatch in original configuration .
Attachments
Polish PPK.jpg
20190101_181615.jpg
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: I'm in love with a Communist Polish Girl and she a snappy lil Bizatch!

Post by Ketchman »

Nice looking gun, great shooting and the Polish Iron Grips are the way to go. and a little dayglo orange over white nailpolish on the front site does wonders.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Sirrus_Rider

Re: I'm in love with a Communist Polish Girl and she a snappy lil Bizatch!

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Ketchman wrote: January 1st, 2019, 10:23 pm Nice looking gun, great shooting and the Polish Iron Grips are the way to go. and a little dayglo orange over white nailpolish on the front site does wonders.
I also brought my PPK/S, but I shot the '64 just a skidge better. The PPK/S was more comfortable I swear it feels like a precision instrument compared to all of them, but it was favoring the left side of the bull and I wasn't sure if I was canting the gun, or pushing the trigger.. Meanwhile the 64 was eating out the bull as long as I focused on the front sight blade and kept from snapping the gun downward..