Graco Pistol Brass Catcher

Info, pictures, advice...
GuitarmanNick

Graco Pistol Brass Catcher

Post by GuitarmanNick »

I tested this out at the range this morning, too.

First, I used a safety pin to get the elastic strap to the right size for my hand. I also bent the wire framing to line up better with the ejection port on the P-64.

The results were quite impressive. Shooting right handed, it caught 49 out of 50 and the round that was not caught, ended up by my foot.
After I developed slide bite, I switched to shooting left handed. The catcher is not designed for this, but I was able to catch 40 out of 50 with it on my right hand and the gun in my left. The other 10 cases went flying as they missed the catcher entirely.

Overall I am pleased with it. It is small and once adjusted properly for your hand and weapon should do a nice job of recovering your brass.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Graco Pistol Brass Catcher

Post by robhic »

You made my Easter!!! I have one that attaches to the rail on my Glock G19 9mm pistol. Gets 97-98% of the ejected brass. I have a G36 in 45acp and G26 in 9mm with NO rail so they can't be "productive". I just ordered this hand-mount brass catcher after seeing the way it "mounts". :D

Do you find it is bothersome strapped to your hand like that? Just curious because I will MAKE it work and stop having to bend over to pick up ALL my brass. Thanks for posting this!!!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

It took me a few minutes to get it in a position where it did not interfere with my sights, but I really did not even feel it when firing.

I saw some reviews that complained of some sharp edges on the plastic piece that is on the back side of your hand. The corners were very pointy so I used a file to round those before going to the range.

If you have large hands and do not do this, you may get scratched on the back of your hand. Filing eliminates that problem.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Again, thanks for the info! The clip-on one for my front rail had to be adjusted a bit, too. Not because of sights but because I now have a"thing" sticking up on the right side of my pistol and need to slip my hand between it and the gun. Not really a problem so much as dis-orienting and annoying at times. Thanks again!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

I just can't see myself using one of these...granted, i don't reload. Seems a little too hard core, like an accessory for an accessory.

I guess if flying shell casings were a problem for me I'd look into a revolver. Or something belt fed haha.
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

My intention is to have my dad reload them for me. That is why I bought ammo with brass cases. On my first range trip with this pistol, I only recovered 14 out of 50 so the catcher was necessary. I looked at quite a few stand alone catchers but wanted something compact. This does the job well.
My dad has all of the reloading equipment so I only need to supply the materials and buy a set of dies. Can't beat that deal. He has been reloading all of my .223 cases and he likes to spend time at his reloading bench.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

snailman153624 wrote:I just can't see myself using one of these...granted, i don't reload. Seems a little too hard core, like an accessory for an accessory.

I guess if flying shell casings were a problem for me I'd look into a revolver. Or something belt fed haha.
It's really not all that bad. There's enough room between the gun and opening of the catcher so as not to be a big deal. Doesn't interfere with sight picture and mine fits on 4 fingers so thumb is free. I used my hand-attacheed one the other day and it needs a little tweaking but I give it B+.

If you're not reloading I'd not see any real need for it.
- Robert