New Member 1976

Info, pictures, advice...
svenska1946

New Member 1976

Post by svenska1946 »

...Thank you for the Membership !! :-) ..I just attended the Gun show at Reno NV USA yesterday and bought a p64 after months of reading and looking at youtube videos. I was lucky to find only one seller in a crowd of about 500 sellers to find a P^4 in nearly Mint condition, 2 magazines, a holster and 250 rounds of assorted Ammunition for $250.00...The Grip was loose and looks like the threaded "female nut" is stripped...No problem !!...will also look into New "Wolff springs" to tame the DA pull...but overall pleased with the quality of the firearm !! :-) :-) :-) m ....
OG17

Re: New Member 1976

Post by OG17 »

Welcome to the club. Enjoy your P64. Read the many threads addressing springs and the such and ask as many questions as you want. Wealth of info in them as well as the vast knowledge of the members.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to The Brotherhood Svenska. You have found the group of nuts who love this little beast we call the P-64. If you have a question just ask because like OG17 said there is a wealth of answers here. A range report after your first trip is appreciated as are pictures.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
svenska1946

Post by svenska1946 »

...Thank you OG17...and..Ketchman...The P-64 is something new to me...I'm sure I will have Questions as I go along !! :-) :-) :-) ...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
svenska1946

Post by svenska1946 »

***** Good Afternoon everyone !! :-) I see the subject of Recoil and hammer springs mentioned on Youtube regarding the P64, I'm sure I will get tons of responses...but what are the "best"..Weight wise Wolff springs to use ? ;-) ...Thank you all for your opinions !! ;-) ****
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I am using 17# hammer and 20# recoil springs. That being said others have had problems with mags dropping out on the last round using the 17# hammer springs and some other issues such as light primers strikes and too light an SA pull. Some have found the 20# recoil spring makes the slide too hard to rack. Get the calibration pack of springs, it has 3 different weights of each and you can mix and match to suit your tastes.
Last edited by Ketchman on March 1st, 2017, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Perry

Post by Perry »

I have the 18 lb. Wolf hammer spring in mine and the gun seems happy with it. It reduced the DA trigger pull greatly and the SA is great. I had the 20 lb. Wolf recoil spring in for awhile and switched to the 22 lb. I wanted to prevent some of the battering the little gun takes from firing. It does make the slide harder to rack but it is not too bad. I put a Hogue gun sleeve on mine, it makes it much easier on the hand.