P-64 trigger guard and trigger pin

Info, pictures, advice...
blazerc

P-64 trigger guard and trigger pin

Post by blazerc »

I am new here and have looked over some of the threads but they don't seem to address my issue. I bought a new old stock trigger guard and trigger pin for my P-64. The pin fits fine in the receiver but won't fit through the trigger guard. The pin is barbell shaped with a larger diameter on both ends. Pin appears to be one piece. Just wondering if the end(s) can be pressed off and then back on once the pin goes through the trigger guard? The center of the pin is a smaller diameter which appears to be the size for the trigger guard. Any advise would be appreciated.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: P-64 trigger guard and trigger pin

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome aboard blazerc. Someone here will have the info you need for this problem. Unfortunetly I am not that person but I am happy your here.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

:hi: to the forum.

Look on pages 23 & 24 for a visual on how it goes in.

http://www.surplusfirearm.com/wp-conten ... Manual.pdf
Last edited by OG17 on January 30th, 2017, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

blazerc

Post by blazerc »

OG17, I appreciate the info and the attachments. I was able to find these on the internet but they don't help me with my problem. I need to know if the trigger guard has the wrong diameter hole-it is smaller diameter the receiver holes. As I said before, the trigger guard pin fits great in the receiver holes but the hole in the trigger guard is to small for the trigger guard pin. The pin is shaped something like a barbell. Larger diameter at both ends and smaller diameter in the middle. The middle portion of the trigger guard pin appears to be the diameter size of the trigger guard. If I were able to remove one of the ends of the trigger guard pin, it would likely slide through the trigger guard. I guess I will just have to try and remove one end of the trigger guard pin and if I screw it up, order another. I don't really want to drill out the trigger guard hole to accommodate the pin unless no other way.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Before doing that I would have the second pin on hand. Seems odd that the pin is the right size for the receiver holes but not the guard. I have a feeling that you may not have actually gotten the right pin. There is a Brother here name of Weasel as well a dfunk and they both seem to have ALL the knowledge ever needed. PM Weasel before modifying anything and see what he say's. Or PM them both first but get their opinions before modifying things.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

I agree with Ketch's assessment. I think that Numrich and buymilsurp have these pins. Get a couple of them and see what happens. Good luck.
Last edited by OG17 on January 29th, 2017, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

+2 on what OG17 say's.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Do NOT alter the pin you have! All you have to do is put tension on the Trigger Guard and the Pin will fit fine. This is the way the design was made so that the pin would not walk out.

Refer to this thread: viewtopic.php?t=4702&start=15
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I KNEW Weasel would have the right answer!!! :mrgreen: