Another new P64 owner from Washington

Info, pictures, advice...
Drec

Another new P64 owner from Washington

Post by Drec »

I just bought a P64 today from a local gun store. After I got it home and started looking at it, it looks like it was hardly used. All of my other guns are 9x19mm, so this is my first time into the 9x18mm caliber.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Another new P64 owner from Washington

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome. And you will find the 9x18 addictive. Range report please.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Drec

Post by Drec »

I hope to get it to the range in the next day or two. My wife has a Glock 43 that I just don't shoot very well, so the P64 is an attempt at a better gun for me to carry and shoot.
Drec

Post by Drec »

Went to the range today a put about 30 rounds through the p64. It shot nice. It was a little hard on my hand though. I'm thinking about wearing a glove on my right hand next time.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Recoil with a pistol this small and narrow is a ltttle snappy but survivable. Have you changed springs? If not get the Wolf 3 pack. It will give your gun fresh springs, which it may need given it's age, and give you a choice in main and hammer spring weights. Also check out Polish Irons V5.0 grips. They help a lot with recoil and can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6074&hilit=polish+iron+v+5.0+grips
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Recoil with a pistol this small and narrow is a ltttle snappy but survivable. Have you changed springs? If not get the Wolf 3 pack. It will give your gun fresh springs, which it may need given it's age, and give you a choice in main and hammer spring weights. Also check out Polish Irons V5.0 grips. They help a lot with recoil and can be found here

chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

It is snappy. Practice.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Drec

Post by Drec »

Ketchman wrote:Recoil with a pistol this small and narrow is a ltttle snappy but survivable. Have you changed springs? If not get the Wolf 3 pack. It will give your gun fresh springs, which it may need given it's age, and give you a choice in main and hammer spring weights. Also check out Polish Irons V5.0 grips. They help a lot with recoil and can be found here

Thanks for the tip on the grips, they look nice.

I just shot a couple of magazines worth yesterday, as I only have the one magazine; which I'll try to fix as soon as I can find a couple more. The prices on Ebay seem a little high, $30-$49, so I'll look around a little.

My range trip yesterday was to try out a CZ82, that I'll pick up tonight. I spent more time with that than the P64; which I thought was a nice shooter.

Most of my shooting is with my 9mm guns, but they are a little bigger.