Wood grips

Info, pictures, advice...
LovingSensei

Wood grips

Post by LovingSensei »

Hey there guys! I'm new to the forum and I wanted to ask if you guys knew the wood finish for this specific grip? http://i.imgur.com/np4JSEx.jpg
chestertnted

Re: Wood grips

Post by chestertnted »

It is gorgeous, but I can not help you. I like the old black plastic. LOL!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
LovingSensei

Post by LovingSensei »

chestertnted wrote:It is gorgeous, but I can not help you. I like the old black plastic. LOL!
That's okay! I found out they are walnut with a deep red finish! I just ordered them with a thumb rest and some finger cuts!
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

There are some grips that get rid of the heel release that are quite popular.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
LovingSensei

Post by LovingSensei »

chestertnted wrote:There are some grips that get rid of the heel release that are quite popular.

this one kind of obscures it more in a way. The big reason I ordered these grips were for the fact people always complain about slide bite. The beaver tail should help. Currently my P64 is at the gunsmith due to a stiff safety and wanting the feed ramp polished so I haven't fired it yet. I can't wait to though!
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Well we love them here. I EDC mine. Slim, light, and very accurate

LovingSensei

Post by LovingSensei »

chestertnted wrote:Well we love them here. I EDC mine. Slim, light, and very accurate

I wonder if I ask my California county sheriff really nicely if he will give me a CCW. LOL.

Yeah I really like it. Fits my hands very nicely. I have small-ish hands so it fits like a glove. Doesn't feel cheap either given its metal construction. After this I really do want to find a nice East German Makarov.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I have a Bulgarian, and a Chinese Norinco Type 59. Way fun to shoot, totally reliable, and not made of plastic

LovingSensei

Post by LovingSensei »

chestertnted wrote:I have a Bulgarian, and a Chinese Norinco Type 59. Way fun to shoot, totally reliable, and not made of plastic

How is the quality of the Chinese Makarov in comparison to the Bulgarian?
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I love my Norinco, there is a premium for them. There is an uninformed bias against Norinco arms due to their commie gun knock offs, but the Mak is a mighty weapon indeed

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
LovingSensei

Post by LovingSensei »

Curly1 wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Thank you!
ranariz

Post by ranariz »

Marschalgrips from Hungary work great. Got "bit" by my P64 (Black plastic) first time I fired it, not fun. Bought pare of Maple wood grips from Marschalgrips, then sanded then down with Dremel tool creating a quasi-beaver tail to allow my hand to sit lower on grip (Medium hands). Success! no more slide-bite. Doesn't look bad either.

Ranariz
kwillindy

Post by kwillindy »

Got any pics? Did I miss them in this thread?
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Looks like the Red Walnut Thumbrest Checkered Beavertail Grips. On the linked sight it clearly states that they ARE 'Marschal wood grips'!

Here: http://www.marschalgrips.com/

http://www.marschalgrips.com/hires-p64/P64.HTM
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.