Newbie Questions Please

Info, pictures, advice...
CCWMan

Newbie Questions Please

Post by CCWMan »

Please forgive me if this has been covered. I haven't found this info by searching the forum.

1. SIZE. I get the impression from looking at ads that a P64 is significantly smaller than a Makarov. Is that right? Does anyone know the dimensions of one? I'm thinking of buying one for a pocket pistol.

2. TRIGGER. I've read about the notorious trigger pull on one from the factory. My impression is that it's fairly easy to replace the trigger spring ( is that the "main spring" ? ) with a 12 lb. one from Wolffe. Is that right? Is that the lightest spring you can use?

3. DECOCKER. Is the safety also a decocker, like on a Makarov?

Thank you so much.

Dave
keith150

Re: Newbie Questions Please

Post by keith150 »

Yes it's smaller then the mak
Yes you can replace the spring but I don't think Wolff makes a 12 lb spring 17 is the smallest and if they did I wouldn't use it it would make sa too light to safely shoot imo
And yes the safety is also a decocker
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
CCWMan

Post by CCWMan »

Thank you so much for the replies.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I kept my original springs, shoots fine.
Just practice till comfortable.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

keith150 wrote:Yes it's smaller then the mak
Yes you can replace the spring but I don't think Wolff makes a 12 lb spring 17 is the smallest and if they did I wouldn't use it it would make sa too light to safely shoot imo
And yes the safety is also a decocker
+1 Wolff makes 17, 18, 19 and 20 lb. hammer springs. THAT'S the one that affects trigger pull. 17 sometimes gives light strikes and magazines dropping. I stopped and put 18# springs in all of my P64s and no problems.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke