P64 Trigger Guard hanging loose, NEED HELP!

Info, pictures, advice...
zenman71

P64 Trigger Guard hanging loose, NEED HELP!

Post by zenman71 »

Hi, Glad their is a forum for my P64, GREAT gun, I love shooting it.

I do need some help, I was shooting it a couple days ago when my slide flew off and I realized the trigger guard had also fell off, the pin had come out. So I bought a trigger guard pin from Poland and put the pin in and now my trigger guard is just sitting there dangling and I'm not sure how to reconnect it.

I saw a schematic of the P64 parts and I think I am missing a plunger and a spring ..but I have no idea where to put them??

I have looked the net over to find a video of how to install the plunger and spring to the trigger guard, but I cant find anything on how to reinstall it..

Also I will need to buy a plunger,

Thank you for your help in advance for any help
Dan
chestertnted

Re: P64 Trigger Guard hanging loose, NEED HELP!

Post by chestertnted »

Sorry for your problems.
Lots of people here can help you.
Wait for advice!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: P64 Trigger Guard hanging loose, NEED HELP!

Post by Weasel640 »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1536

Sounds like you need the

14. Trigger Guard Spring
15. Trigger Guard Plunger

Check page 23 of the Assembly guide.

When you are trying to get the pin in it can be difficult due to the pressure from the spring. Some people use a vice (be careful as it can warp the frame), and others use cord rapped around it and a stick to twist it like a tourniquet (make sure both the cor and stick will be strong enough).
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.