Heavy recoil

Info, pictures, advice...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Heavy recoil

Post by Curly1 »

An article here on one persons take on it, read and draw your own conclusions.

http://www.dryfiretrainingcards.com/rec ... uble-taps/
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

culpeper wrote:Please tell me you see the fallacy in the first part of your argument. Improper recoil management will result in more felt recoil. We all know the fundamentals here. What people are really feeling is the slide slamming back. We know that is the slap we feel down the arm. So, how you get behind your weapon and use your person to absorb some of that punishment is important. So, if you thinking "ouch" then that is distracting from staying on target. There is a correlation between felt recoil and staying on target. Some simple exercising will help. Get a post hole digger and dig a few holes a couple of feet deep. If your hands, arms, and shoulders are sore the next day then you probably need to do some exercising. Like keep digging post holes until the P64 stops hurting.
This is totally wrong. So if I'm shooting a 5.56mm M4, and switch to a .50 cal M82A1; When I say the felt recoil is more, with your logic my recoil management is jacked switching between the two platforms and I should go dig post holes. That is way off. Recoil management only goes so far in easing felt recoil. Saying to go dig holes is not an answer, it's just you putting down the other people on this forum.

Also the original poster was specifically asking in regards to his 8 year old grandson, as well as referencing the difference in felt recoil between other firearms. In this case Robhic's solution of using a fingerless glove is a more viable option.
Last edited by Weasel640 on June 22nd, 2016, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
culpeper

Post by culpeper »

That link is not right.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

culpeper wrote:That link is not right.

The link works fine. Maybe try a different browser on your phone.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
culpeper

Post by culpeper »

Thanks. Read the entire article. I like it. The fundamentals are there with tips for improvement.

culpeper

Post by culpeper »

Btw, since you bring up rifle shooting I can get behind a .300 H&H prone with bipod and keeping square behind it and in the pocket keep my sight picture on target for the next shot. Again, minimizing recoil, pain, fatigue. I can do this for 50 rounds no problem hitting sub moa midrange six to eight hundred yards.

Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

culpeper wrote:Btw, since you bring up rifle shooting I can get behind a .300 H&H prone with bipod and keeping square behind it and in the pocket keep my sight picture on target for the next shot. Again, minimizing recoil, pain, fatigue. I can do this for 50 rounds no problem hitting sub moa midrange six to eight hundred yards.

That's good for you. But the OP was asking about taming the recoil for his 8 year old Grandson.
Weasel

culpeper

Post by culpeper »

wolrabm49 wrote:I took my P64 to the range on saturday. I have fitted wolf springs, with a lighter hammer spring, that feels great. I also used a 20 lb recoil spring, but the recoil is still pretty heavy. I have the V.05 grips on it, which feel nice. We were shooting 22's, 9's and 45 ACP's. All of them were less recoil than the P64, my eight year old grandson shot all the others, but I didn't let him try the P64.

Any advice on improving it, or do I just live with it?
Looks like he is asking for advice on improving the recoil or just live with it. I say just learn how to handle it like everybody else does with a PPK. You brought up a number of other topics.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

Troll alert
culpeper

Post by culpeper »

I am directly replying to responses. That is not trolling. Snail, if you got a secret to handling the P64 than share it.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

culpeper wrote:I am directly replying to responses. That is not trolling. Snail, if you got a secret to handling the P64 than share it.
I don't think ANYONE has a solution to control the P64's recoil that would satisfy most folks. That said, for a younger shooter (my 14 y.o. grandson who is really recoil sensitive comes to mind...) the fingerless glove and Russ's grip in lieu of the originals made him happy. The P64, unfortunately, is a beast! Springs ain't the answer. The answer lies outside the pistol, ie. gloves, grips, etc.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

culpeper wrote:I am directly replying to responses. That is not trolling. Snail, if you got a secret to handling the P64 than share it.
So, which ammo do you use....
culpeper

Post by culpeper »

Brown and silver bear, ppu.

chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

You have to shoot it often.
Keep the feel.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."