Another new P64 owner...

Info, pictures, advice...
Steve Kreitler

Another new P64 owner...

Post by Steve Kreitler »

Got mine two weeks ago- put six rounds through it and the trigger spring broke! Got that fixed (thanks to Norm Sutton), and already got in and installed new Wolf springs. Even turned (on my drill press) and installed a new safety plunger, which made the safety actually useable. I couldn't find the post again that inspired me to do that, so, whoever you are, thanks for the idea!
Actually, I need to thank everybody here for the wealth of knowledge I've gained in the past two weeks about this gun. I'm planning to use this for open carry (I'm in Texas), so I'm in search of a holster that I like.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Another new P64 owner...

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Steve.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Looks like you got it all down. I EDC mine.
Good luck!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Steve Kreitler wrote: I'm planning to use this for open carry (I'm in Texas), so I'm in search of a holster that I like.
Look in the 'holsters' sub-forum. Mr. Funk, the "owner" of this forum makes some beautiful holsters and reasonably priced. I'm sure he'd be able to fix you up with a "Lone Star worthy" :mrgreen: leather product you'd be proud of. Check 'em out!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Polishiron68

Post by Polishiron68 »

Holsters for EDC. I don't OC. But compromise with slider quick draw styles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133327433@N04/
https://flic.kr/p/GNEnqp

Been the best for me. And keep an eye out for more new grips.

Russ...
RoyOdhner

Post by RoyOdhner »

Big hello from down in Johnson County, TX. Welcome aboard.
Steve Kreitler

Post by Steve Kreitler »

Johnson County? I bought one of my favorite guns in Cleburne- an 1868 Swiss Vetterli. Even converted it to centerfire and had Bob Hayley make me some ammo for it! Got a couple of swelled cases, so I haven't shot it but the once, but I still love that thing! I'm over closer to Abilene- I'm a traveling salesman, though, and I picked up my p-64 in Munday (at a parts store :) ). I'm a member of the Cisco Gun Club, as they have a pretty nice range, and I drive through there often. I got "re-districted" by my company, so now the closest I usually come to you is Glen Rose.

Russ, I'm pondering making wood grips myself- I'm a woodworker, and I'm currently pondering a method for producing them quickly and easily. I like doing production runs- I'm doing a run of AR-15 bench loaders right now- 32 of them (because that's how much material I had on hand). I seldom make one of anything.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Wood grips, if reasonably well made and offered for sale here will not last long I would bet. Let us know if you do. And pics would of course be required.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
RoyOdhner

Post by RoyOdhner »

Steve Kreitler wrote:Johnson County? I bought one of my favorite guns in Cleburne- an 1868 Swiss Vetterli...
I'm in Alvarado, but I've done some bidnis with the guys at the Cleburne gun shop. Good to know you.