Discreet Import Stamp on P64 Pistols from Classic Firearms

Info, pictures, advice...
Homebrew

Discreet Import Stamp on P64 Pistols from Classic Firearms

Post by Homebrew »

First, it's nice to be a member of such a great forum. I just bought my first P64 from Classic Firearms and am very pleased. The import mark is on the underside of the frame in front of the trigger guard leaving the slide completely unmolested. I talked with them at Classic and the said they just received and have in stock more than 1000 of them. I'll be buying one or two more to keep as "forever guns" but wanted to pass along the information to folks that might want a more pristine specimen. Thanks and best regards.
Attachments
P64ImportStamp.jpg
P64ImportStamp.jpg (42.55 KiB) Viewed 6634 times
P64FieldStripped.jpg
P64EjectionSide.jpg
P64ControlSide.jpg
chestertnted

Re: Discreet Import Stamp on P64 Pistols from Classic Firear

Post by chestertnted »

Beautiful pistol. I have 2 P-64s, and so should you! LOL!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Thanks chestertnted, I really like it. I do plan on getting one or two more. I've checked on getting a Robar treatment on one too. It seems a bit expensive, but I thing these are superb little pistols and keeping it rust free would preserve it for many years. I'm looking into a thin shoulder holster to keep it ultra concealed under my work-shirt, but Texas heat and humidity keep things a little moist for about 8 or 9 months out of the year. Robar's electroless nickel seems to be the way to go, and some nice Marschal wood grips in red would be nice too. Thoughts?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Thin coat of oil should keep it from rusting, just keep it wiped down.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
paleofit

Post by paleofit »

I ordered one as my first P-64. The discreet import marking was the reason I ordered from Classic. It's a "A" stamped 1972 with a triangle hammer. The frame and slide came matched and one mag was electro penciled and matched. The finish was well worn but the bore looked pristine. It shot PPU FMJ and HP flawlessly and accurately though my DA pulls need some work. I'm trying to get in some dry fire practice and I'm assuming there should be no cause for concern with this. Out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea about the source or history behind this batch?
sgtblue

Post by sgtblue »

I picked one up at my local gun store. Its in pristine condition. I changed the trigger spring and now its at 19 lbs. The original was 24 lbs. I liked the idea of wearing a glove and will try it. It looks good along side my Bulgarian Makarov!
jkirkpatrick1

Post by jkirkpatrick1 »

sgtblue wrote:I picked one up at my local gun store. Its in pristine condition. I changed the trigger spring and now its at 19 lbs. The original was 24 lbs. I liked the idea of wearing a glove and will try it. It looks good along side my Bulgarian Makarov!
Wolf springs set for the P64 made a huge difference in my DA trigger pull. I cant recommend them highly enough!

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk