almost don't want to shoot it

Info, pictures, advice...
valetnlv

almost don't want to shoot it

Post by valetnlv »

I have a p64 and p83 ,love them both. The problem is I take them out almost every week and put 50 rounds through each of them and i am worried that i will break them and not be able to shoot them anymore because of there age and parts not available or gunsmith to work on them . Any thoughts?
chestertnted

Re: almost don't want to shoot it

Post by chestertnted »

Inexpensive to buy, sturdy, and the parts are available. I EDC my P-64, and do not shoot it as much as my 2nd one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

First, I only have experience with the P64 but from refurbishing 9 of 'em, they are built like TANKS! All steel and other than spring breakage or damage caused by improper use/handling, I'd not give it a 2nd thought. All new springs run about $11 total from Wolff and the trigger return and slide lock springs can be purchased from forum member Norm Sutton who makes them and sells them for $6. Problem solved.

Actual parts available http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/P64-c202.htm and Gun Broker from Poland. I've done it a few times and the guy in Poland is a good dude, fair and accepts PayPal (as does Norm, btw).
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Shoot and enjoy them both.

There are more parts available today then when they first started importing them.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
drummer

Post by drummer »

They were built to last. Use it and enjoy the ride.
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

Thanks to all