Info, pictures, advice...
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: still heavy after replacing hammer spring with 18 # wolf

Post by robhic »

Weasel640 wrote:
robhic wrote:
culpeper wrote:Aren't the Wolff springs longer than the stock one?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
They might be but the originals are of thicker gauge wire and MUCH heavier to pull! I've read the original pull is about 30 lbs. ±! Length of new spring should make no difference.
I think he is suggesting that you could use the length/thickness to identify an original vs Wolff Spring. If both springs that they have are about the same size then they know they did not start out with an original spring.
And I think you answered your own statement. Can't tell length of spring installed/compressed. But you can tell the thick, dark (or black) spring installed/compressed. Originals are thick and dark. Wolff makes lighter-colored springs of thinner wire.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Stang

Re: still heavy after replacing hammer spring with 18 # wolf

Post by Stang »

Repeated here and in the other similar post.......

Old thread but I have the same issue. I own 2 nice P64s. Did springs on both. One is excellent nice pull even in DA. Very light in SA. Just fine.

The second one I think is binding somewhere when the hammer is almost all the way back. Sticks on something. SA is also light and fine on this one and it has to do with hammer moving back. I need to completely take it all apart and figure it out. Sounds like the same issue the OP has. It isnt a spring issue there is another internal problem.

When I find it I will let you know. If anyone else has seen this let me know where I might look first.

Thanks