Shooting the P64

Info, pictures, advice...
4rum

Shooting the P64

Post by 4rum »

Pretty new here, this could have already been discussed but in poking around a little I didn't see it addressed directly, so ... here goes.

I've shot just a few rounds from my P64 and only from one box of ammo. Everything is going low left. Could be sights, but it could also be my grip on the gun. I have medium sized hands (whatever that means) ((not large anyway)) and have no problem with the slide 'biting' me.
I know that I will need to try more brands/types of ammo and I do plan to do that.
Has anyone else experienced groups not going to point of aim and what worked for you to get them on target. Different ammo, different hand grip, sight adjustment etc.?
I also went through this when I got my first CZ52 in 7.62 X 25. Learning to grip the pistol differently was all it took.
Remember, at the end of the day ... it gets dark.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Shooting the P64

Post by robhic »

Low & Left is usually a common Glock problem but I'll be darned if I can remember the 'zact remedy! I, personally, was actually impressed with my accuracy shooting the P64 as opposed to other pistols. Yes, it came as a pleasant surprise.

I promise I'm not trying to insult you with this video (short) from YouTube but the guy makes some points that might give something(s) to think about. http://tinyurl.com/zb4xex6 Good luck!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Low left is common when shooting a new weapon. Just work n your grip, trigger pull and stance. It usually straightens out if you keep focusing on the front site, and pushing. There are targets that can help, by telling you what might be causing the problem.
Good luck, and keep practicing.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

It's more than likely your trigger finger isn't lined up ideally on the trigger. As you depress it, it's pushing slightly to the left. As your finger contracts, the extra segments have to fold up. Try moving the pad of your trigger finger a little more over the trigger.
4rum

Post by 4rum »

Great tips guys. This is what I was looking for. I'm sure the video robhic suggested will be a help.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

shootingcorrectionrh_sm.jpg
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
4rum

Post by 4rum »

@Cruly1, hmmmm, it's a wonder I hadn't seen this before. I'm an avid shooter and have been for many, many years. I haven't followed it as much in the last few years, but I'd think I would have seen the chart you posted. Thanks, I think that will help me develop my grip on the P64 and trigger pull much faster. It's a good visual aid. I also think just shooting the pistol more will help improve the 'way' I shoot.