Grip 'n' Group

Info, pictures, advice...
4rum

Grip 'n' Group

Post by 4rum »

The Pachmayer #5176 Tactical slip on grip came in the mail today. Slipped it on, walked out into the back yard and dumped the 5 in the mag. (SA).

This particular P64 shows considerable holster wear. Unassembled, everything inside including the bore is nice, sharp and clean.

My groups with the piece are all low left. The point of aim is indicated by the red square. This group is 2" center to center with one flyer down even lower in the 'A' on the poster. Range 7 yds.

Remember, at the end of the day ... it gets dark.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Grip 'n' Group

Post by Curly1 »

Looks good.

How easy or hard was it to slip on the grip?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I am still waiting on a grip. Does it make a difference?
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

4rum,
What did you think of the feel with the grip in place? I really like the palmswells, fills the hollow of my palm really well. And did you think it helped with recoil? I think it does a bit.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
4rum

Post by 4rum »

DOH! Thanks for wakin' me up guys. I put up a pic of the grip and didn't say anything.

I looked at it in the blister pack and thought ... "there's no way that will go on." Wrong. It actually stretched nicely and went on without a hitch. The fit is very snug as it should be.

To me, the slip on grip really did make a difference in felt recoil. The grip didn't 'bite' as much as firing without it. The little grip is well worth the $$$.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Do you have a link for the grip?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
4rum

Post by 4rum »

robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I wish you luck with that grip. I liked the look on another's pistol and got one for my Glock G26 ("BabyGlock") 9mm. I could NEVER get it to stay straight. It kept rotating. Someone said try hairspray (I don't use it and had to find someone who would give me a quick shot on my pistol). Didn't fix it. NOTHING I tried could stop that sucker so I removed it and went with "Talon" brand rough-texture grips. Love 'em.

Gave the rubber Pachmayer to my eldest grandson to put on his Glock G30sf .45acp (that I gave him in a deal and had the rough-textured grips on it already). He put the rubber grip on and the existing sandpaper grips seem to have tamed the rotating Pachmayers. :mrgreen: I liked them but the movement just made me give 'em up. Maybe stretching them onto a 45 with sandpaper already adhered will work.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
4rum

Post by 4rum »

Thanks for the heads up robhic. Once I settle on an ammo (two actually, one for play, one for carry) I probably won't be shooting the P64 that much so maybe it won't be a big problem.

Gotta pick all you guys brains for holsters now ... :)
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

IWB or OWB carry?
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

Ketchman wrote:IWB or OWB carry?
or shoulder or ankle? :wink:
4rum

Post by 4rum »

IWB for a first setup. The P64 fits very nicely into a couple of coat pockets too.

Question: In general does the P64 fit most holsters made for the Walther PPKS? I've read that the two pistols are very similar in shape and size.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

They seem too. There are holsters on eBay that can carry all the commie guns well. P-83, Mak, and PA-63.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Try Outbags IWB holsters on Amazon. Made for the P-64. Mine fit very very nicely and impressivly well made for $25.00. I am extremly pleased with mine. Course the Uncle Mikes rigs work very very well too. Cheaper and thinner but you have to use 2 hands to reholster and they are a fabric so they will wear out and / or tear with abuse. But I carried my P-64 in an Uncle Mikes for 3 years with no complaints.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »