What is your favorite 9x18/Comm Bloc/ milsurp pistol & why?

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

What is your favorite 9x18/Comm Bloc/ milsurp pistol & why?

Post by Ketchman »

I know this board is all about the P-64 and why we love it but it's fun to hear about other peoples favorite guns and why they love them.
I love my P-64 for it's slimness, ability to disappear under a T shirt with shorts, excellent accuracy and never failing reliability. And I loved my PA-63 for it's slimness, ability to disapear, it's light weight and it's realibility. BUT, that all being said my very favorite 9x18 pistol is my CZ-83. 14 rounds on tap, a great trigger and accuracy and the grip has that "just right" feel and the grip and weight eat up recoil yet it is not so heavy that it is uncomfortable to carry for a long day.
I understand there will be many other answers and I am looking forward to hearing them all. Cmon guys, cough it up. :D
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
dwcopple

Re: What is your favorite 9x18/Comm Bloc/ milsurp pistol & w

Post by dwcopple »

Ketchman wrote:my very favorite 9x18 pistol is my CZ-83.
cz-83 is not 9x18, cz-82 is. P-83 is 9x18, cz-83 is .380

I love my P-83, a lot. 8)
I love Tokarev's too, just hate that the ammo has gotten so pricey :cry:
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Dwcopple you are correct that the milsurp 9x18 is the Cz-82. How embarrassing. And that the Cz-83 is the .380 version. However Cz did make 83's in 9x18. Not a lot but they did make some as I have held one. And they never made the 82 in .380. I apologize for the error guys but thanks for pointing it out. :oops:
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I also enjoy my P-83, it was my first 9×18. My Bulgarian Mak is a nice soft shooter, and feels good when shooting. But my EDC is my P-64!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

Tough one, I'm going to cheat. Here are the roles I use mine for:

P-64 for concealed carry & trail running. Definitively gets the most use.
East German PM for fit, finish and "collect-ability" (for lack of a better term). Puts the biggest smile on my face at the range for some reason. Use it in Vintage-military matches. It's the one on my night stand.
Russian commercial Baikal PM for my "truck gun" (toss it in the glove box, always rough and ready), impromptu plinking.
Cz-82 for open carry (hiking, dirt biking) & plinking at the range. Sometimes rotated with the EG PM on the nightstand.
jkirkpatrick1

Post by jkirkpatrick1 »

Mak, you left out a Tok, or do you not have one? Yeah, its not a 9X18 round, but they are a blast as a range toy, and certainly work for home defense.Image

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
jkirkpatrick1

Post by jkirkpatrick1 »

Oh, I forgot.. the grips are an aftermarket addition that changes the grip angle slightly. A good buy for $18!

jkirkpatrick1

Post by jkirkpatrick1 »

MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

I only have the 4 9x18s I listed above, no Tokarev unfortunately. I was saving up for one when the price of 7.62 x 25 went through the roof and bought something else instead. Yours looks like a very nice example.
RoyOdhner

Post by RoyOdhner »

Depends.

The P-64 is great for pocket carry due to it's relatively small size and curved lines. Just place it in an Uncle Mikes or Blackhawk nylon size 3 pocket holster, and I'm good to go. I carry a spare mag and a NAA Pug (BUG) in a little pocket holster I made out of some scrap leather.

I've got an IJ-70 that I carry IWB or OWB. Love the balance and how it fits my hand. I use the above mentioned mag/PUG holster to carry the two spare IJ-70 mags. Between the IJ-70 and the P-64, I'd say the IJ-70 is my favorite - but the P-64 can go places that the IJ-70 can't.

My favorite, though, is my VZ/CZ-82. Swee-eet... but just a tad to bulky for my carry needs. Love to take it to the range though. My 17yoa son, David, loves it so I gave it to him. He gets a whole lot more enjoyment out of it than I ever will, and he still "lets" me use it when I want. Besides, his friends all envy that VZ/CZ so it gives him some bragging rights.