25-pound double action trigger pull

Info, pictures, advice...
bjzajac

25-pound double action trigger pull

Post by bjzajac »

Can someone explain why the designers of the Radom P-64 pistol made the double-action, first pull of the trigger so stiff, that is, at approximately 25 pounds? How could this possibly assist police or military to fire off the first round? Thank you.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: 25-pound double action trigger pull

Post by Weasel640 »

bjzajac wrote:Can someone explain why the designers of the Radom P-64 pistol made the double-action, first pull of the trigger so stiff, that is, at approximately 25 pounds? How could this possibly assist police or military to fire off the first round? Thank you.
It was intended, and designed to be used with military sub-machine gun ammo, that at the time had very stiff primer.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

wow , thanks
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I carry it as my EDC, and have not put Wolffe springs in this. I carry loaded with safety on, and just practice DA, followed with the nice SA at the range. You can learn to handle it.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
bjzajac

Post by bjzajac »

Thank you, all!
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

And besides if you REALLY REALLY NEED to fire it in DA mode, think life or death here, you will pull through that 26 pound trigger pull so quick you won't even feel it. OR the recoil. GA-run-teed.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

Ketchman wrote:And besides if you REALLY REALLY NEED to fire it in DA mode, think life or death here, you will pull through that 26 pound trigger pull so quick you won't even feel it. OR the recoil. GA-run-teed.
No guarantees. The problem is that once a spring gets to a certain stiffness level, the harder you pull, the harder the trigger binds (due to friction, bending, galling, etc.), making it impossible to move. I've fired a few that were impossible to run in DA reliably with the stock spring, and not due to lack of hand strength, but because the trigger was going to break before it fired (no joke). These were all clean, well oiled machines. Drop in a slightly weaker spring, and it gets off the "point of no return" and will work in DA reliably.