Color Fill P64 Engraving

Info, pictures, advice...
drummer

Color Fill P64 Engraving

Post by drummer »

I've been watching some You Tube videos on color filling the engraving on hand guns. I'm debating if I want to color fill my P64. Has anyone done this? Do you think this will de-value the gun?
Brno

Re: Color Fill P64 Engraving

Post by Brno »

I have not done this nor heard of the process but it sounds interesting. If you do it, please post some pictures. Hard to say whether it would hurt the value of the firearm. I think most buyers would be looking for something close to original but a nicely customized model could draw more money from the right buyer.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum drummer.

Can you post a link to the vid?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tech 1

Post by tech 1 »

It's easy to do, I use paint, dab it on with a qtip, then take a tissue with a little nail Polish remover and lightly wipe off the excess. If you pushed too hard and grabbed paint out of the letters just do it again. Shouldn't hurt the value any because the nail Polish remover can take it all off pretty easy.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I am not a big color fill guy. Like them the way they are. But I realize lots of people want to jazz it up.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
drummer

Post by drummer »

dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

I've done plenty. It's easy as pie. Removable too. Try it, if you hate it, wipe it (or toothbrush it) back off.