Like the old soviet bloc guns

Info, pictures, advice...
RU98A

Like the old soviet bloc guns

Post by RU98A »

Like shooting my reloads in 9mm Mak in the P64. Great shooter. Now when Santa brings me the 7.62x25 dies (I hope) I will load up some of the fire breathing loads for the Yugo M57.
chestertnted

Re: Like the old soviet bloc guns

Post by chestertnted »

Would you use the reloads in EDC?
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
RU98A

Post by RU98A »

Yep sure would. Loaded with Hornady XTP bullets.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

No problems with reloads in EDC?
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
RU98A

Post by RU98A »

chestertnted wrote:No problems with reloads in EDC?
No, why so?
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Many people do not recommend reloads for EDC. Reasons of performance, and also on trial. Masaad AYOUB says can be used against you to the jury.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
RU98A

Post by RU98A »

The same can be said for factory JHP. Some over zealous anti gun prosecutor could claim they were only designed to maim and kill and should be outlawed. New Jersey prohibits hollow points..
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Ayoob has mentioned this. He said you must show the jury that JHP expands, and thus stops over penetration.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

chestertnted wrote:Ayoob has mentioned this. He said you must show the jury that JHP expands, and thus stops over penetration.
+1 And also that local law enforcement agencies, as well as FBI, etc use HP as well. He is the expert....
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Best advice I ever got was find out what kind of ammo your local LEO's use and carry the same kind. If they use it they will have a hard time painting you as a bloodthirsty killer who loads "special super damaging and maiming" ammunition. And do not load ammo hot for Milsurp guns, especially for those who saw wartime service, ESPECIALLY Russian as many of the guns received poor heat treatment due to need for weapons in a hurry and may not be as strong as one would think they should be given that they were designed for military service. Many a Milsurp has had a high speed comeapart from using hot handloaded ammo. Load for what they designed for, be safe and smart.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
jkirkpatrick1

Post by jkirkpatrick1 »

RU98A wrote:Like shooting my reloads in 9mm Mak in the P64. Great shooter. Now when Santa brings me the 7.62x25 dies (I hope) I will load up some of the fire breathing loads for the Yugo M57.
Ya gotta love a 7.62X25! !Image

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
MJ1

Post by MJ1 »

Have A Great Day