Safety Detent Spring

Info, pictures, advice...
SnuffyJ

Safety Detent Spring

Post by SnuffyJ »

Hi All,

I took my P64 to the range for the first time this weekend. Based on what I have read, I got a lighter hammer spring, and while it was still a heavy pull, not as bad as it could have been.

Reliability with Winchester White Box was 100%.

Recoil was punishing. Shot it with a Colt 1903 and a Glock 17, so we know it was the real deal!

But something happened on two occasions: the safety lever engaged. First, It happened to my friend, so I thought he might have bumped the lever. But when it happened to me, I knew I hadn't hit it.

From what I've seen on line, it appears to be a safety spring/detent issue. It appears that my detent plunger looks good, and the detent doesn't look to be peened out.

I'd like to get a new plunger spring, but can't find one. Any tips?
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Safety Detent Spring

Post by robhic »

Another member found that the spring and plunger for a Walther PPK will work. You can get them from Numrich gun parts for a couple of bucks. One of my P64s is running that combo.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
chestertnted

Re: Safety Detent Spring

Post by chestertnted »

Numrich Arms has everything you need. The P-64 can be punishing in recoil, as well as a horendous DA trigger pull. All the faults are negligible to me!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."