Refinishing

Info, pictures, advice...
VAP64

Refinishing

Post by VAP64 »

Just got my first p64 today it's a model made in '73! I was wondering if anyone has considered reblueing the metal or maybe a chrome or nickel finish? Obviously these are shooters but I wanted to maybe have one redone and look pretty for maybe like display purposes or inheritance, ect. Thoughts? Comments? Ideas?
chestertnted

Re: Refinishing

Post by chestertnted »

You can do anything you want to it, even cerakote.
I like the blue myself.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
tech 1

Post by tech 1 »

I reblued my p64, CZ82, and my p83. I used Mark Lee's express blue on all of them. It a rust blue process that will give very good results if you follow the directions. Right now I'm refurbishing an SKS and used Brownels Oxpho blue on the entire barrel and reciever and looks excellent. It's all in the metal prep has to be stripped or blasted then I polish the metal with a wire wheel and thoroughly clean and degrease . I've also used Kg gunkote on several rifles with very good results.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, do a search I think there is a post where someone chromed one
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary