P-64 Grip v.04

Info, pictures, advice...
makczak

P-64 Grip v.04

Post by makczak »

Hi Group.
Did someone say something about a beavertail awhile back?
Maybe this would be of some interest...
https://flic.kr/s/aHskms9dZe

Still have some details to work out before the first mold is cut.
Ill keep in touch.
Russ...
nerillosa

Re: P-64 Grip v.04

Post by nerillosa »

Looks good. Keep us posted
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I like it so far very much. Look forward to a more refined version.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

makczak wrote:Hi Group.
Did someone say something about a beavertail awhile back?
Might've been me. I referenced the seam(s) where the grips come together at the backstrap and under the beavertail. They form a perfect 'T' that I theorize scrapes the web of my hand and is annoying more than painful but leaves a spot of blood. I've taken to using a fingerless glove to protect my skin. I've tried different grip techniques but if I grab it high and tight, I get the abrasion. That spot is not smooth because of the convergance of the seams. Your grip eliminates that ( from the picture) and looks like it might be the answer to my woes. The workmanship illustrated in those pictures is very nice. However, I'm not sure how I feel about that overlap out the back. Flush with the frame of the gun suits my tastes a bit better. But those ARE nice looking grips! :D
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
cheyenne08

Post by cheyenne08 »

I kind of agree with Robhic, a less pronounced tail would make it more acceptable to me. But I like the overall concept.

Dale
makczak

Post by makczak »

Take a look at "grip v.03". In previous post. It has no beaver tale and is one piece/ flush to frame with other ergonomic enhancements. Currently
being evaluated by community members. Well shortly Anyway..

Russ,...
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

makczak wrote:Take a look at "grip v.03". In previous post. It has no beaver tale and is one piece/ flush to frame with other ergonomic enhancements. Currently
being evaluated by community members. Well shortly Anyway..

Russ,...
Yeah, that's more what I was expecting. That design eliminates the 'T' seam at the rear/backstrap of the pistol that seems to abrade the web of my hand. Your one-piece design is smooth so it should solve my problem and I'll not have to look like Michael Jackson wearing one glove! :mrgreen:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

That's one area that I'd like to see improved. I've got small hands with short sausage fingers but still have been bitten with to high of a hold at times. Looking good.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

manicmechanic wrote:That's one area that I'd like to see improved. I've got small hands with short sausage fingers but still have been bitten with to high of a hold at times. Looking good.
Are you speaking of "slide bite" or the seam area of the grips rubbing your hand? The P64 slide rear is nicely beveled up to seemingly prevent slide bite. My issue is the even miniscule seam convergence which seems to abrade my skin and cause a small scrape which scabs over and I have to cover with a glove to keep it from getting worse.

These grips Russ is offering removes the seam and leaves a smooth surface. I plan to try it out next week to see how it works...fingers crossed.
- Robert

manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

I've never had a problem with the seam, just once in awhile get bit by the slide. Have you tried the Hogue grip sleeve?
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

manicmechanic wrote:I've never had a problem with the seam, just once in awhile get bit by the slide. Have you tried the Hogue grip sleeve?
Yes, I put them on my and my 2 granddudes' pistols. They help a bit with grip and the younger dude thinks it helps with recoil (he's very recoil sensitive) but they don't come up high enough to cover the seam area I speak of. These one-piece grips Russ is offering eliminate the seam entirely and make a smooth, seamless area. I'm gonna try and try it out Tuesday to see if my luck holds out. :wink:
- Robert