Magazine Replacement Spring Info

Info, pictures, advice...
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Magazine Replacement Spring Info

Post by robhic »

OK, got time to play around with a P64 mag and a Bersa 7rd 380acp mag. The Bersa spring looks like the EXACT same spring, just maybe 2 coils shorter and minus the little "tail" that fits in the slot at bottom to keep the floor plate on.

So ..... I'd think if you obtained Bersa springs from EAGLE IMPORTS (their distributor in the US) or maybe Numrich or Brownell's might have them, you'd be in business.

Wolff doesn't make them but getting springs for an 8 or maybe 10 rd Bersa mag (for length) if not right length and then clipping it and bending the floor-plate holder "tail" would work. In an emergency, I'd be afraid the shorter spring might not be strong enough for a full load. Maybe 5+1 would at least give you the original capacity for the P64 in a round-about way... I was hoping Wolff would make the 7 rd spring in a +10% weight that might make up for length.

I put the Bersa spring in and it loaded fairly well with me holding the floor plate on. Never tried to fire it and still would be concerned that the full 6 rds of 9X18 might be too much for the smaller spring. But here's the info FYI! :mrgreen:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
chestertnted

Re: Magazine Replacement Spring Info

Post by chestertnted »

Seems wort while to see if it does work. Get a longer spring and see if can use it.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Magazine Replacement Spring Info

Post by robhic »

chestertnted wrote:Seems wort while to see if it does work. Get a longer spring and see if can use it.
I agree completely. I was counting on Wolff to make springs for the Bersa. They make springs for some really odd and/or foreign guns so I figured the Bersa would be on their list. It wasn't. :cry:

I only have the 7rd mags for the THUNDER 380 but they come in 8 and 10 rd versions for other Bersa pistol models. Getting those replacement springs (which I'd guess would be longer) and adapting them for use in the P64 should be relatively easy, IMO.

Side-by-side the two springs are identical size with the exception of length and the floor plate "tail". So I KNOW they will fit perfectly. Heck, the 8 or 10 rd version might even BE the right length, I don't know.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke